Age of Empires Forums

advanced
in

Last post 06-24-2011, 3:34 AM by Prawny. 150 replies.
Page 1 of 11 (151 items)   1 2 3 4 5 Next > ... Last »
Sort Posts:
  •  12-22-2010, 1:05 PM 905469
    Aloysius Aloysius is not online. Last active: 12-10-2013, 4:46 PM
    Top 100 Contributor
    ES Moderator
    Total Posts: 1,484
    Last Post: 12-10-2013
    Subject: Microsoft Games Colonizes AgeCommunity
    Hello Everyone,

I have some important news for all Age of Empires/Mythology fans.  As of today, Microsoft Games will be taking over administration of AgeCommunity.com and Robot Entertainment will continue to operate ESO for the time being.

Ryz0n is the new admin from Microsoft Games and will be taking over all of my previous duties here on AgeComm.  He’ll be handling tech support in that forum, as well as moderating and answering other questions.

Please welcome him.

-Aloysius

•  12-22-2010, 1:24 PM 905477 in reply to 905469
    zorc17 zorc17 is not online. Last active: 11 Feb 2014, 3:12 PM
    The Great White North, Canada
    Top 75 Contributor
    Total Posts: 1,723
    Last Post: 02-11-2014
    Subject: Re: Microsoft Games Colonizes AgeCommunity
    Aloysius:
    Hello Everyone,

I have some important news for all Age of Empires/Mythology fans.  As of today, Microsoft Games will be taking over administration of AgeCommunity.com and Robot Entertainment will continue to operate ESO for the time being.

Ryz0r is the new admin from Microsoft Games and will be taking over all of my previous duties here on AgeComm.  He’ll be handling tech support in that forum, as well as moderating and answering other questions.

Please welcome him.

-Aloysius

So? let me get this straight. you're leaveing and Rys0r is the new mod of agecomm?

also RE is giveing aoe3 to microsoft? only? and RE is gonna give ESO to micro osft games in the future?

Zorc17
    The great white north is snowing today

Imperial Redcoat:
    Zorc is cool don't fk around brah.
  •  12-22-2010, 1:30 PM 905479 in reply to 905469
    Ryz0n Ryz0n is not online. Last active: 01-19-2014, 12:36 PM
    Redmond, WA
    Top 75 Contributor
    MGS
    Total Posts: 1,711
    Last Post: 01-19-2014

Hey everyone,

As Aloysius mentioned –the folks here at MGS are transitioning into supporting the AOE community.  Along those lines, I’ll be working on forum administration, account support, and generally keeping everything running as well as possible.  Our goal, as we move through the transition period, is to make the user experience change very little and have the service chug along without any issues into the foreseeable future. I’ll be coming up to speed and working with Robot on the community, server issues, and support for the titles. 

I know many of you have been in the community contributing for years, and change brings opportunities and new challenges to the table.  Please don’t hesitate to give me a yell if there’s anything I can do to help; it’s what I’m here for.  Still, though it may be the holiday season; I’m not Santa.  Anyone who was banned previously – I don’t have ‘get out of jail free’ cards to hand out. 

A brief background about me; I’ve been doing administrative work on forums for the better part of a decade, with over 6 years of that game industry related.  I’m an avid gamer across a variety of titles; mostly PC and Xbox based.  For the more serious gamers out there, you’ll be happy to know I do have a competitive background – personally playing Halo PC, Quake 4, and PGR3 in tournaments; even managing several teams across multiple games.  While I’m a far cry from competitive when it comes to AOE, I find RTS titles thrilling to watch and certainly have no trouble following the action. I’m very excited to become a part of this community and look forward to interacting with everyone here. 

Obviously part of the job is forum moderation, and I don’t think you’ll see any surprises here.   I’ll be working with Aloysius during the transition period for a bit and ideally you won’t notice much of a difference when it comes to administrative styles.  Again, feel free to shoot me a message if you have any concerns. 

All the best,

-Ryz0n

•  12-22-2010, 1:34 PM 905481 in reply to 905479
    Top 75 Contributor
    Ryz0n:

Hey everyone,

As Aloysius mentioned –the folks here at MGS are transitioning into supporting the AOE community.  Along those lines, I’ll be working on forum administration, account support, and generally keeping everything running as well as possible.  Our goal, as we move through the transition period, is to make the user experience change very little and have the service chug along without any issues into the foreseeable future. I’ll be coming up to speed and working with Robot on the community, server issues, and support for the titles. 

I know many of you have been in the community contributing for years, and change brings opportunities and new challenges to the table.  Please don’t hesitate to give me a yell if there’s anything I can do to help; it’s what I’m here for.  Still, though it may be the holiday season; I’m not Santa.  Anyone who was banned previously – I don’t have ‘get out of jail free’ cards to hand out. 

A brief background about me; I’ve been doing administrative work on forums for the better part of a decade, with over 6 years of that game industry related.  I’m an avid gamer across a variety of titles; mostly PC and Xbox based.  For the more serious gamers out there, you’ll be happy to know I do have a competitive background – personally playing Halo PC, Quake 4, and PGR3 in tournaments; even managing several teams across multiple games.  While I’m a far cry from competitive when it comes to AOE, I find RTS titles thrilling to watch and certainly have no trouble following the action. I’m very excited to become a part of this community and look forward to interacting with everyone here. 

Obviously part of the job is forum moderation, and I don’t think you’ll see any surprises here.   I’ll be working with Aloysius during the transition period for a bit and ideally you won’t notice much of a difference when it comes to administrative styles.  Again, feel free to shoot me a message if you have any concerns. 

All the best,

-Ryz0n

Welcome to Agecomm!

Zorc17

Imperial Redcoat:
  •  12-22-2010, 1:52 PM 905482 in reply to 905481
    gs gs is not online. Last active: 29/01/2014, 11:43 PM
    NL
    Top 10 Contributor
    Total Posts: 6,840
    Last Post: 01-29-2014

do you at least play aoe :(

we haven't had a moderator on these forums that actually plays the game in a year

!! wow we can delete our own posts now?? that's handy 

•  12-22-2010, 1:58 PM 905483 in reply to 905482
    Top 75 Contributor
    gs:

we haven't had a moderator on these forums that actually plays the game in a year

Woah.. no kidding i like this..

yea do u play aoe?

Zorc17

Imperial Redcoat:
  •  12-22-2010, 2:08 PM 905484 in reply to 905482
    Redmond, WA
    Top 75 Contributor
    MGS
    gs:

I prefer the PVE / Campaign side of the games, and have been through the story several times over the years.  Since my micro is hardly up to snuff to be competitive, I tend to have more fun doing the turtle + swarm....which pretty much never works out well in a PVP setting.  If you see me on eso though, the  best bet is that I'll just be making sure things are running smoothly - even here we sadly can't justify just playing games during the workday ;) 

•  12-22-2010, 2:14 PM 905485 in reply to 905484
    deanparkr deanparkr is not online. Last active: 03 Jan 2014, 6:03 PM
    UK
    Top 500 Contributor
    Total Posts: 601
    Last Post: 01-03-2014

I hope Microsoft does better with this community website than the disaster when Microsoft took over HaloWars.com from Robot. Almost a year later and still the Halo Wars community is unhappy and left with a broken game, and a shut down community website.

If Microsoft is continuing support for ESO, why is this change in administration necessary?

www.remember-ensemblestudios.com
    http://twitter.com/Remember_ES
  •  12-22-2010, 2:35 PM 905489 in reply to 905484
    Top 75 Contributor
    Ryz0n:
    gs:

I prefer the PVE / Campaign side of the games, and have been through the story several times over the years.  Since my micro is hardly up to snuff to be competitive, I tend to have more fun doing the turtle + swarm....which pretty much never works out well in a PVP setting.  If you see me on eso though, the  best bet is that I'll just be making sure things are running smoothly - even here we sadly can't justify just playing games during the workday ;) 

why not play at home.. man that would be a nice job.. do notta but play and test video games all day^^ wouldnt that be da life?

Zorc17

Imperial Redcoat:
  •  12-22-2010, 3:21 PM 905496 in reply to 905489
    austinthebrutal austinthebrutal is not online. Last active: 03-13-2014, 10:14 PM
    Wisconsin, where we don't give aı̸̸̸̸̸ flying f***
    Top 500 Contributor
    Total Posts: 762
    Last Post: 03-13-2014

I hope this new moderator doesn't let the power go to his head like the last one we had.

JK

But seriously, don't ban me bro!

•  12-22-2010, 3:31 PM 905497 in reply to 905485
    Redmond, WA
    Top 75 Contributor
    MGS
    deanparkr:

I hope Microsoft does better with this community website than the disaster when Microsoft took over HaloWars.com from Robot. Almost a year later and still the Halo Wars community is unhappy and left with a broken game, and a shut down community website.

If Microsoft is continuing support for ESO, why is this change in administration necessary?

deanparkr

I have no direct insights in the halo wars transition or folks here at MGS behind it, and thus can't provide a comparitive analysis.  I'm not here to make any radical changes to agecomm, with any luck the switchover will be seemless from the community's perspective. 

Robot has several projects they are working on, including the Age of Empires Online title, and this switch simply allows them to rearrange their resources into the most efficient configuration.  We want to make sure that the legacy age titles retain support while allowing Robot to be nible between projects.

Zorc

That job would be mostly descriptive of the game testing roles throughout the industry.  And as appealing as that sounds, bug testing can be a bit less exciting than it may sound at first.  Imagine playing the first campaign level 50 times during a day, knowing it'll break at least half of the time....and whenever it breaks you've got to document everything.  I'm not terribly envious of the playtesters.

If you find a job just sittin around playing whatever released titles you feel like, don't let anyone pinch you because its probably just a dream. :p

Austin:

As long as I don't have any reasons that people need to be banned, I won't complain.  ;)

•  12-22-2010, 3:57 PM 905503 in reply to 905497
    kjn kjn is not online. Last active: 09/03/2011, 6:25 PM
    Top 10 Contributor
    Total Posts: 5,629
    Last Post: 09-03-2011
    Welcome to agecomm RyzOn!
  •  12-23-2010, 4:52 AM 905558 in reply to 905497
    Jerom Jerom is not online. Last active: 28 Dec 2013, 7:18 PM
    Delfgauw, The Netherlands
    Top 10 Contributor
    Total Posts: 10,000
    Last Post: 12-28-2013
    Ryz0n:
    deanparkr:

Zorc

That job would be mostly descriptive of the game testing roles throughout the industry.  And as appealing as that sounds, bug testing can be a bit less exciting than it may sound at first.  Imagine playing the first campaign level 50 times during a day, knowing it'll break at least half of the time....and whenever it breaks you've got to document everything.  I'm not terribly envious of the playtesters.

If you find a job just sittin around playing whatever released titles you feel like, don't let anyone pinch you because its probably just a dream. :p

That's why we all want to become a balance tester Big Smile

Also, you have the wrong motivation IMO, most people come to improve, you just want it to stay in the same rather bad way...

Does this actually mean you now have the right to bring out new patches (only good thing possibly) ? 

[N3O] Jerom_the_brave
    http://www.youtube.com/user/N3OJerom?feature=mhee

•  12-23-2010, 5:35 AM 905565 in reply to 905482
    Stephennn Stephennn is not online. Last active: 22-04-2012, 10:10 AM
    Australia, the lucky country because it has me
    Top 200 Contributor
    Total Posts: 854
    Last Post: 04-22-2012

i remember seeing Cosy on Fan patch once GoodSpeed, except he did a runner just when I was going to join  Wink

Welcome though Ryz0n  :)

•  12-23-2010, 8:12 AM 905580 in reply to 905565
    kolo430 kolo430 is not online. Last active: 09-06-2011, 8:38 PM
    Canada, where we ride Polar Bears to work.
    Top 500 Contributor
    Total Posts: 430
    Last Post: 09-06-2011

Welcome to AgeComm. :)

Man, I miss the times when mods used to play regularly. :) 

Hidan:
    lawl. Or you can be james and brett and pronounce it "hidden" so that you can try and make poorly constructed gay jokes.

Page 1 of 11 (151 items)   1 2 3 4 5 Next > ... Last »
View as RSS news feed in XML