Age of Empires Forums

advanced
in

Last post 07-16-2012, 3:22 PM by Metis. 62 replies.
Page 2 of 5 (63 items)   < Previous 1 2 3 4 5 Next >
Sort Posts:
  •  07-16-2012, 6:55 AM 961761 in reply to 961636
    CarnivorousGoat CarnivorousGoat is not online. Last active: 07-16-2012, 7:55 AM
    Not Ranked
    Total Posts: 2
    Last Post: 07-16-2012
    Subject: Re: how to beat the portuguese in nr 40/55
    If you want a Civilization who can rush or can get units quickly, choose British. British can get settlers quickly via when they build manor houses it creates a free settler, so you can gather more resources quicker etc. etc. Theres is also a card they can get which makes their manor houses build instantly so you'd get settlers quicker. (More settlers = more resources = more military)
  •  07-16-2012, 10:12 AM 961779 in reply to 961761
    TacticalWillie TacticalWillie is not online. Last active: 12-26-2013, 9:58 AM
    Top 500 Contributor
    Total Posts: 690
    Last Post: 12-26-2013

The only way to beat Portuguese in a 40 minute game, is to use the next OP civ in line, Germany, and just go straight Dopps/Uhlan and use your OP eco to destroy them

Dopps> Jinettes

Uhlans> Cass

= GG

RainbowZ:
    TacticalWillie should stop noobbashing colonels.
  •  07-16-2012, 10:28 AM 961786 in reply to 961779
    Metis Metis is not online. Last active: Thu, Dec 26 2013, 1:38 AM
    Top 10 Contributor
    Total Posts: 7,783
    TacticalWillie:

Dopps> Jinettes

Uhlans> Cass

= GG

Conversely,

Jinettes > Uhlans

Cass > Dopps

It's not as simple as you make it out to be.

•  07-16-2012, 11:10 AM 961798 in reply to 961636
    Top 500 Contributor

here is a list of the basic civ match ups, there is another one around here in forums, but its was never finished so therefore its not accurate, also the person who posted that one got banned,Indifferent so I wouldn't trust anything they say in forums for obvious reasons [:^)]

Here are the top four OP civs.

Germany---->is OP because they have, settler wagons which have an OP gather rate, and OP ww, OP fast dopps, and Uhlans which are OP since they get a 90+ attack. the main reason this civ is the best is because they get 139 villager population!! and can rebuild it is needed!!!!

Iroqious--->is OP because they have furtrade and get 119 villager! however they are not as good as Germany because they can not rebuild they villagers back. Their military light cannons are OP as they are anticannon/antiinfantry/mortar are bundled into one 3 population OP cannon. Also their horses have OP speed. Did I mention that they can cow too?

China---->they have a crossbow that shoots three arrows instead of one! which is OP, its attack gets to 135 verses HI. there armies are naturally mixed which makes them more OP, their anticannon is a mortar as well, and only 1 population, also OP with a large range too! they also have the flame thrower, which destroy infantry and builds extremely fast. Also a unique thing about china that NOBODY knows about is, a the chinese disiple and flame throwers can form a box! which is massively OP.

Portuguese---> they have an OP mortar that keeps any fb bases farr awayy! they have an amazing eco because they have their church card which gives 20% plus food gather! they have the best skirm in the game, best dragoon, and best mortar, and best cannon (organ gun), that is why portuguese are extremely OP.

Now, that we are done with the OP civs lets look over the normal civs from strongest to weakest.

India---> they have furtrade and carma thingie that gives them an extremely good eco! they also have elephants! and OP camel that acts like a Dutch carabineer, only it has a times 4 bouns instead of times 3! the Sepoy is the second best musket in the game! and it can build buildings!!!

Sioux---> Dog box, and wakina and RR, do I need to say more? no, this civ has deffinitly earned its place in one of the most powerful civs-look at any of White_IrishKing's games.

Aztecs--->1000 infinity gold. A good army and eco, but the largest army size 90, only reason they are in the top is because of the BB attack.

Ottoman--->free villagers. Jans have over 500 hp! and Abus guns which are OP with a total of 230 attack vs HI!! and they havev Horse archers which have 650+ hp, and great bombards, all in all good army, but slow train times, but horse archer/abus/great bombard does win a lot of MU so this is a competative civ

British--->they have the best musket, in the game. They also have the coolest longbow which has 26 range ! Their houses heal men as well which is extremely OP!

Spanish---> they have a missionary arua that acts like a lame teepee that moves, which is OP, because they heal your men and raise there attack. there army is good however becuase of the 10 missionaries, this leaves you with an army of 90 men UP.

Russia---> + they can build forts, but the main negative with this civ is, there men are so weak they are easy beaten. eco is good, but not great either.

French---> France has an okay eco since they have furtrade, however they lose eco so fast because they only get 80 villagers, which is so UP.

Japan--->only 75 villagers, one of the main reasons why they are down in the second to worst list of civs. They have a good army, but because only 75 villagers, they can't beat a camping army.

Dutch--->the worst civ. only 50 villagers, nothing special at all with the army, bad skirms, bad carabineers, okay cannon, any civs beats this one quickly. Only chance of winning is if your first army doesn't get destoryed quickly

RainbowZ:
  •  07-16-2012, 11:12 AM 961800 in reply to 961786
    Top 500 Contributor
    Metis:
    TacticalWillie:

Dopps> Jinettes

Uhlans> Cass

= GG

Conversely,

Jinettes > Uhlans

Cass > Dopps

It's not as simple as you make it out to be.

Oh Metis, stop looking at the glass as half empty

RainbowZ:
  •  07-16-2012, 11:15 AM 961802 in reply to 961670
    scottp54 scottp54 is not online. Last active: 09-22-2013, 6:53 PM
    USA!
    Not Ranked
    Total Posts: 133
    Last Post: 09-22-2013

Imperial Redcoat:
    scottp54:
    idk average but i get around 498000 resources total each game.
    No you don't.

want me to prove it?

how do you guys screen shot things? i will play matches and screen shot my end resources for a few games.

TacticalWillie:
    No pikes are not half as good as dopps, for one they don't have a giant OP sword do they? nooo they only have a silly looking stick with a knife on the end and they don't even have a cool looking hat either!
  •  07-16-2012, 11:22 AM 961806 in reply to 961802
    USA!
    Not Ranked

also i mean total resources not that much per resource. as far as im concered that was average, if ur saying no maybe u suck at german eco but i feel other do better than that and im lagging behind because a i played a ducth guy who just about got that one game which amazed me becsue that was the first time i ever saw a dutch ge that good an eco.

@metis what resource  count do u get with germans (total at end of game on average)

@ milky, same question as above

@ imperial redcoat, same for you bro- whats your total resources on average

TacticalWillie:
    No pikes are not half as good as dopps, for one they don't have a giant OP sword do they? nooo they only have a silly looking stick with a knife on the end and they don't even have a cool looking hat either!
  •  07-16-2012, 1:24 PM 961829 in reply to 961739
    Lukas_L99 Lukas_L99 is not online. Last active: 01-19-2014, 5:55 PM
    Frankfurt (Germany)
    Top 500 Contributor
    Total Posts: 773
    Last Post: 01-19-2014

KingOwnage2nd:
    If your playing german on a 1v1 on andes, you should consistently aim for 2600+ once you`ve become familiar with the boom. I recently did a 1v1 german mirror with dicktator and we both boomed 2700 thought he didn't send team mills so he technically out boomed me. I'm sure 2800 is possible if you have a lame setup like a trade post set to wood and some op treasure ( that 500 coin one comes to mind).

What do you mean with team mills?

I can't get over 2650 :S

http://www.youtube.com/user/L99Lukas/videos

George:
    Its like trying to drink soup with a fork.
  •  07-16-2012, 1:32 PM 961832 in reply to 961806
    jayve98 jayve98 is not online. Last active: 10-29-2013, 3:10 PM
    Top 150 Contributor
    Total Posts: 1,189
    Last Post: 10-29-2013
    scottp54:

also i mean total resources not that much per resource. as far as im concered that was average, if ur saying no maybe u suck at german eco but i feel other do better than that and im lagging behind because a i played a ducth guy who just about got that one game which amazed me becsue that was the first time i ever saw a dutch ge that good an eco.

@metis what resource  count do u get with germans (total at end of game on average)

this reminds me of when dopellsoldner asked jer om how good HE was. and scott if that end amount of res had anything to do with the game it would be so stupid. that could be changef SO much by how long the game is. it matters none at all. check ur score at 40min and how much res u have. metis mainly does offline booms to help noobs like u. when youre level 15 u probably shouldnt be challenging milky considering hes somewhere around lt colonel skill level i think? not sure i think his actual rank is 25 bc of decay  

dcdonnie4:

The more costeffective army can win vs a more expensive (better unit) because they can just keep throwing them at the other player.

•  07-16-2012, 1:46 PM 961837 in reply to 961832
    USA!
    Not Ranked
    jayve98:
    scottp54:

this reminds me of when dopellsoldner asked jer om how good HE was. and scott if that end amount of res had anything to do with the game it would be so stupid. that could be changef SO much by how long the game is. it matters none at all. check ur score at 40min and how much res u have. metis mainly does offline booms to help noobs like u. when youre level 15 u probably shouldnt be challenging milky considering hes somewhere around lt colonel skill level i think? not sure i think his actual rank is 25 bc of decay  

noobs like me? dude wtf do you know? do you even know what the mseaage meant or what the arguement was about? because seeing as you dont maybe you should stfu., and no what im saying is they score higher resources than me meaning my total resources isnt ridiculously high or that im amazing. what im saying is imperial redcoat either blows as germans or never plays them because callingme out on something i kinow i get and others get is bs and he should calm down or ignore what he doesnt know. the games i get that last 50-55 min if that, and it does matter because we arent talking real game, only the resource count total at the end so back off or shut up you scrub. try commenting when you actually make sense and have the right to.

i ask milky and mentis and imperial as proof that the resources i get arent lies, just average, not even great. since metis booms his # would prove what im saying. and since milky is experiances with booms as well he could also verify im not bsing, and why does imperial red coat care what i said? i didnt say ahhahahaahahah i get 498,000 total resources. i asked if that many was adequate because thats what i get and wanted to know if i could improve,

and BTW resources matter in a game. if u want to play a game with me where u have no resources the whole game and i do we can see how long that will last okay? right then, so go back to your little cave and troll someone else

TacticalWillie:
  •  07-16-2012, 3:22 PM 961853 in reply to 961806
    Top 10 Contributor
    scottp54:

@metis what resource  count do u get with Germans (total at end of game on average)

Me (Germans) vs China in a 1v1 this morning. 2-hour game vs. a decent (though not expert) China player.

food 342443 wood 124667 gold 381222

made 3544 killed 4868 1.36 ratio

The game was recorded so he actually had a bit of an advantage in that his monk aura was extended to all of his nearby units, not just the disciples (it's a glitch when a game is recorded with China).

At 55 I had 90F 10W 120G and a score of 3600. The China player's score (with cows) was 3300 for comparison. My score never dropped below 3500 for any appreciable time the whole game and I had the same eco at the end of the game as at the start, except that my wood went up by another 15k or so.

I only deleted to 80 and made a mix of units but mainly Uhlans, Dopps, skirms and natives (Tupi archers and Mayan spear-men). I made a couple hundred WW too and I got 36 free heavy cannon from shipments and made about as many other cannon and mortars.

I pushed him back quickly and got most of his FB with Uhlans, Dopps and WW. However, he then got his cards in and counter attacked with massed Chuko, nats and Rattan Shields. I regrouped with skirms and cannon and then started advancing again, getting as far as his eco base before being pushed back. I goofed up as I hadn't noticed that he had run a flamethrower over to take out my rally point tower so I had ten heavy cannon and 20 Uhlans back at my TC (I wondered why my army was so small). I got everything gathered, deleted to 60, pushed to the eco base again, and it was GG. 

•  07-16-2012, 3:24 PM 961855 in reply to 961837
    Top 10 Contributor

Me (Germans) vs China in a 1v1 this morning. 2-hour game vs. a decent (though not expert) player.

food 342443 wood 124667 gold 381222

made 3544 killed 4868 1.36 ratio

The game was recorded so he actually had a bit of an advantage in that his monk aura was extended to all of his nearby units, not just the disciples (it's a glitch when a game is recorded with China).

At 55 I had 90F 10W 120G and a score of 3600. The China player's score (with cows) was 3300 for comparison. My score never dropped below 3500 for any appreciable time the whole game and I had the same eco at the end of the game as at the start, except that my wood went up by another 15k or so.

I only deleted to 80 and made a mix of units but mainly Uhlans, Dopps, skirms and natives (Tupi archers and Mayan spear-men). I made a couple hundred WW too and I got 36 free heavy cannon from shipments and made about as many other cannon and mortars.

I pushed him back quickly and got most of his FB with Uhlans, Dopps and WW. However, he then got his cards in and counter attacked with massed Chuko, nats and Rattan Shields. I regrouped with skirms and cannon and then started advancing again, getting as far as his eco base before being pushed back. I goofed up as I hadn't noticed that he had run a flamethrower over to take out my rally point tower so I had ten heavy cannon and 20 Uhlans back at my TC (I wondered why my army was so small). I got everything gathered, deleted to 60, pushed to the eco base again, and it was GG.

•  07-16-2012, 4:08 PM 961863 in reply to 961855
    J McMillin J McMillin is not online. Last active: 03-11-2014, 1:01 AM
    [KOOEC]
    Top 200 Contributor
    Total Posts: 992
    Last Post: 03-11-2014
    im bored out of my mind so i looked that game up. why did you make 71 pikes?

kittychix:

If you know your behaviour or language is going to result in a ban, and continue with the actions anyway...you are heading in a direction of less then temporary action.

•  07-16-2012, 7:01 PM 961883 in reply to 961837
    jayve98 jayve98 is not online. Last active: 10-29-2013, 3:10 PM
    Top 150 Contributor
    Total Posts: 1,189
    Last Post: 10-29-2013
    scottp54:
    jayve98:
    scottp54:

noobs like me? dude wtf do you know? do you even know what the mseaage meant or what the arguement was about? because seeing as you dont maybe you should stfu., and no what im saying is they score higher resources than me meaning my total resources isnt ridiculously high or that im amazing. what im saying is imperial redcoat either blows as germans or never plays them because callingme out on something i kinow i get and others get is bs and he should calm down or ignore what he doesnt know. the games i get that last 50-55 min if that, and it does matter because we arent talking real game, only the resource count total at the end so back off or shut up you scrub. try commenting when you actually make sense and have the right to.

i ask milky and mentis and imperial as proof that the resources i get arent lies, just average, not even great. since metis booms his # would prove what im saying. and since milky is experiances with booms as well he could also verify im not bsing, and why does imperial red coat care what i said? i didnt say ahhahahaahahah i get 498,000 total resources. i asked if that many was adequate because thats what i get and wanted to know if i could improve,

and BTW resources matter in a game. if u want to play a game with me where u have no resources the whole game and i do we can see how long that will last okay? right then, so go back to your little cave and troll someone else

it matters how many resources u have remaining not how many total ones u had. cuz sioux will prob have by far the lowest total amount of res but if it goes their way they will almost certainly have the most remaining. 

dcdonnie4:

The more costeffective army can win vs a more expensive (better unit) because they can just keep throwing them at the other player.

•  07-16-2012, 7:15 PM 961886 in reply to 961863
    0xyM0r0n 0xyM0r0n is not online. Last active: 09-25-2013, 10:39 PM
    USA
    Top 500 Contributor
    Total Posts: 818
    Last Post: 09-25-2013

in nr 55 mass ~ 10-12 culverins(place a pair evenly spaced 2 in back 2 in front etc) and make heavy cannons. rest should be ulhans/church army(dopps) dont do church upgrade till you break into the walls then run in with skirm/WW combo and then kill his army while he makes. if he starts getting desperate and spams cavalry, go for the ulhan/dopp combo and run your skirms a round about way till hes distracted. then, move in with some mortars to take down any remaining walls and petard bomb his stables and foundries(barracks not that important, foundry/stable 1st ptiority) if you can, sneak explorer to the other side and take control of the forward nats (if on orinoco) this is noob advice but its how i won some of my games

Edit: if you wanna get 500 overpop, delete 2 towncenters(make sure it's not your 1st by control grouping at start of game) and keep making/spawning minuteman they arent that good but it might work (ive used this in ffa's and it's funny, people typed in caps and ragequit because i was everywhere at once --> nr 60) if you do this, you need to be russia (sevastapol) or use the burgermeister card as germans(faster built tc -> 50% i think?)

Tech Enthusiast.
    C++ Programmer
    Java Programmer
    C# Programmer
    I don't play on eso anymore. Gameranger and Hamachi.
Page 2 of 5 (63 items)   < Previous 1 2 3 4 5 Next >
View as RSS news feed in XML