Age of Empires Forums

advanced
in

Last post 08-03-2012, 4:48 PM by scottp54. 20 replies.
Page 2 of 2 (21 items)   < Previous 1 2
Sort Posts:
  •  07-24-2012, 11:07 PM 962958 in reply to 962953
    Thranduil81 Thranduil81 is not online. Last active: 05-25-2013, 6:43 AM
    Not Ranked
    Total Posts: 294
    Last Post: 05-25-2013
    Subject: Re: The best asian civ/native american civ

Yeah, aztecs are bad vs skirms. Coyotes are the way to beat them, you just need to get lots of wood during treaty.

china is good, iro is very hard to play right, you're not going to see them played well below 1 lt and even then it's rare (though if someone is willing to play them, they at least have the general idea)

sioux no walls isn't really a problem. your team walls you and you generate enough pressure you shouldn't be worrying about having to defend them. 

•  07-25-2012, 11:19 AM 962998 in reply to 962953
    ottoman guy ottoman guy is not online. Last active: 07-26-2013, 4:13 AM
    Neverseparat= <3
    Top 500 Contributor
    Total Posts: 738
    Last Post: 07-26-2013

China is a pretty good self sufficient civ. But their anti cav just sucks, as even FU changdao, pikemen, and keshiks have a card time dealing with cav spams, mainly currasiers!

Japan is very good too because their units are OP :P

For natives, I'd say Aztecs are very good. Their units are a bit odd and cost wood, kind of a down side. But ERKs and Arrow Knights are very good units, same for Coyote Runners  

[A414A] LorèneJtm:
    Brb bathroom.

J McMillin:
    whenever a colonly revolted, all the women turned into men
  •  07-25-2012, 4:16 PM 963016 in reply to 962605
    The Cleaner The Cleaner is not online. Last active: Mon, Dec 23 2013, 1:53 PM
    Denver, CO
    Top 200 Contributor
    Total Posts: 869
    Last Post: 12-23-2013
    scottp54:

which asian civ is the most self suffcient? japs need cows and sheep for shrines and have low low resources so i dont want them. chinese are good? i dont like banner armies but i guess its just kinda like russaisn so i guess thats fine. what about india? are all these civs considered op? strats?

which native civ is the best? aztec have only infantry and it confuses me as to what is waht. arrow knights are arty/culv? jaguars knights are like muskets and puma spears are like well spears. whats their light infantry? macheultamin? that blows becasue they cost wood nd bad like strets. and whats the eagle knight exactly? is it just a better coyote runner? any strats, uses guide or tips? oh and cant cannons and skirms just wreck everything they have becasue i beat a few aztec that way in tr?are they more for rush? boom help?

iriqouis, starts uses units etc, boom help

souix, same questions as irqouis i have no experiance with either

Japan is easily the best civ out of these, but is considered OP on every map... beyond that, it depends a lot on the map.  China a good one, huge eco.  They are tough off andes (slow training) and are weak on anti-cav.  India is fun and pretty powerful, they can move fast in a fight too.  The native civs are all very unique and to get really good at them, you must practice... they can all be pretty powerful, with Iro being the strongest.

Use the search bar here to find booms and stats.

Also, don't quote tacticalwillie in your sig if you want anyone to take you seriously.

ESO: Cleaner666
    Treaty Rank: 1st Lt
    Supremacy: Terrible
  •  07-28-2012, 3:26 PM 963284 in reply to 963016
    scottp54 scottp54 is not online. Last active: 09-22-2013, 6:53 PM
    USA!
    Not Ranked
    Total Posts: 133
    Last Post: 09-22-2013

i see. japan i cant handle, the low score gets me so down and makes me think i will lose, if its below like 2300 im like im f****************cked regardless of military strength. the low resources are a problem for me, i just cant make it work :P. indians are interesting maybe i can get good at them. chinese too.

maybe i will stay away from aztec, the wood thing throws the game off i think. they have no anti skrim units other than coyote runners which are wood? thats lame. not even factories to collect wood like euros.

and sorry tagged willie because he was promoting dopps, i love dopps

TacticalWillie:
    No pikes are not half as good as dopps, for one they don't have a giant OP sword do they? nooo they only have a silly looking stick with a knife on the end and they don't even have a cool looking hat either!
  •  07-28-2012, 4:35 PM 963286 in reply to 963284
    The Cleaner The Cleaner is not online. Last active: Mon, Dec 23 2013, 1:53 PM
    Denver, CO
    Top 200 Contributor
    Total Posts: 869
    Last Post: 12-23-2013
    You might have a bit more think about the eco though... If a low eco scares you (ie, like Japan or Spain) then you might need to rethink your fighting ability.  Even if you boom to 2500 with India, but fight like crap, you will still drain and lose. Obviously, you want the best boom you can do with a particular civ, and it can affect the outcome... but in general, fighting ability is much more important.

ESO: Cleaner666
    Treaty Rank: 1st Lt
    Supremacy: Terrible
  •  08-03-2012, 4:48 PM 963823 in reply to 963286
    scottp54 scottp54 is not online. Last active: 09-22-2013, 6:53 PM
    USA!
    Not Ranked
    Total Posts: 133
    Last Post: 09-22-2013
    yea, but if i have a good eco i feel its easier to match up to those with more mirco experiance than me. like i find it hard to micro all my guys and get the most out of all units and there are definitly better people than me, with a larger eco than them it evens it out. im not complete ***, just im not remotely amazing

TacticalWillie:
    No pikes are not half as good as dopps, for one they don't have a giant OP sword do they? nooo they only have a silly looking stick with a knife on the end and they don't even have a cool looking hat either!
Page 2 of 2 (21 items)   < Previous 1 2
View as RSS news feed in XML