Age of Empires Forums

advanced
in

Last post 06-25-2012, 3:57 PM by vi3tknight. 94 replies.
Page 3 of 7 (95 items)   < Previous 1 2 3 4 5 Next > ... Last »
Sort Posts:
  •  04-17-2012, 9:58 AM 955037 in reply to 955031
    knight_br knight_br is not online. Last active: 12-26-2013, 9:16 PM
    Andes
    Top 150 Contributor
    Total Posts: 1,089
    Last Post: 12-26-2013
    Subject: Re: Aztec advantages and disadvantages

Milky__:
    [

ummmmmm lol. My aztecs are complete cr4p but I'll put forward Fuher's aztecs vs your otto..... Otto literally cannot win that MU. That is how bad otto is. You cannot contain coyote like most other civs can, your cav archer get destroyed by ERK and abus are just outmassed.

EDIT: Also, Aztec eco > Otto eco by faaaar lmao. 

In 1v1 aztec could probably win in 2 mins lol.....  

im still not sure.. but, isnt good to astec go box, otherwise u lost map control and cant recover it from oto.

I remeber a game with pronton (astec) vs me (oto). He get inside, take factorys, but lost map control and wasnt able to recover.

The best way to fight vs oto is heads up, so u can push fast and he cant build anywhere.

Hapened with me (oto) vs wiplash (astec).

Astec just need to wall fast the flanks.

Edit: my astec is worst, try vs caleb astec. 21

MTSP_Fuher

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gInNcSiT74w

http://www.mediafire.com/folder/dtdqjyg99m0r8/RGs_AOE3
  •  04-17-2012, 10:14 AM 955038 in reply to 955031
    Tomasl Tomasl is not online. Last active: 05-01-2012, 9:20 PM
    Not Ranked
    Total Posts: 45
    Last Post: 05-01-2012
    Milky__:
    Tomasl:
    Milky__:
    LordStefanIII:
    Thranduil81:

EDIT: Oh and forgot, abus have a .5 vs erks (LI) instead of the 2 of a regular skirm (their bonus is .75 vs coyote and 2 vs erk specifically) 

You know, I had no clue that skirms have a x2 attack vs ERK until recently. And yeah Abus multiplier is low, which could be why they're not so good vs Aztecs.

Mind you they do more damage to HI/goon than any other skirm lol...

But yeah, a good aztec will destroy a good ottoman. Otto just don't have the mass as their skirms cost two pop. Art is useless vs aztec, jan get done by jags, ERK massed is like having a huge mass of skirms, but better because of the ERK ROF. None of Otto's combo can beat 80% ERK 20% Coyote. Mix in some jags and AK, Otto are sitting ducks.

As steffy said, play the MU vs people other than tsnoe or stonecold who have decent aztec/otto understanding before you claim something. 

assuming u mean on andes as only map u play for treaty, u are not taking into account how *** aztec eco is. if u want to try 1v1 me ottos vs ur aztecs i will beat u off my face while chain smoking 

edit: tsnoe dont remember losing vs him but he at least puts up decent fight stonecold  - massive lamer loses vs pretty much anyone face up (massive box fan- lames with french russia or japs surprised he hasnt taken to sioux like tomgr) 

ummmmmm lol. My aztecs are complete cr4p but I'll put forward Fuher's aztecs vs your otto..... Otto literally cannot win that MU. That is how bad otto is. You cannot contain coyote like most other civs can, your cav archer get destroyed by ERK and abus are just outmassed.

maybe they can get near otto eco if u put all vills on food but then u fooked, their nub starting box moves so slow hard not to stop. 

ottos got the option of deleting vills especially vs aztec because of better eco so again dunno how u would get outmassed vs aztecs 90 pop army

•  04-17-2012, 10:18 AM 955039 in reply to 955038
    jayve98 jayve98 is not online. Last active: 09-07-2014, 8:59 PM
    Top 150 Contributor
    Total Posts: 1,189
    Last Post: 09-07-2014
    Tomasl:
    Milky__:
    Tomasl:
    Milky__:
    LordStefanIII:
    Thranduil81:

EDIT: Oh and forgot, abus have a .5 vs erks (LI) instead of the 2 of a regular skirm (their bonus is .75 vs coyote and 2 vs erk specifically) 

You know, I had no clue that skirms have a x2 attack vs ERK until recently. And yeah Abus multiplier is low, which could be why they're not so good vs Aztecs.

But yeah, a good aztec will destroy a good ottoman. Otto just don't have the mass as their skirms cost two pop. Art is useless vs aztec, jan get done by jags, ERK massed is like having a huge mass of skirms, but better because of the ERK ROF. None of Otto's combo can beat 80% ERK 20% Coyote. Mix in some jags and AK, Otto are sitting ducks.

As steffy said, play the MU vs people other than tsnoe or stonecold who have decent aztec/otto understanding before you claim something. 

assuming u mean on andes as only map u play for treaty, u are not taking into account how *** aztec eco is. if u want to try 1v1 me ottos vs ur aztecs i will beat u off my face while chain smoking 

edit: tsnoe dont remember losing vs him but he at least puts up decent fight stonecold  - massive lamer loses vs pretty much anyone face up (massive box fan- lames with french russia or japs surprised he hasnt taken to sioux like tomgr) 

maybe they can get near otto eco if u put all vills on food but then u fooked, their nub starting box moves so slow hard not to stop. 

ottos got the option of deleting vills especially vs aztec because of better eco so again dunno how u would get outmassed vs aztecs 90 pop army

Did u say otto have the better eco? 

dcdonnie4:

The more costeffective army can win vs a more expensive (better unit) because they can just keep throwing them at the other player.

•  04-17-2012, 10:27 AM 955041 in reply to 955039
    Lukas_L99 Lukas_L99 is not online. Last active: 01-19-2014, 5:55 PM
    Frankfurt (Germany)
    Top 500 Contributor
    Total Posts: 773
    Last Post: 01-19-2014
    They have not.

http://www.youtube.com/user/L99Lukas/videos

George:
    Its like trying to drink soup with a fork.
  •  04-17-2012, 10:30 AM 955042 in reply to 955039
    Not Ranked
    jayve98:
    Tomasl:
    Milky__:
    Tomasl:
    Milky__:
    LordStefanIII:
    Thranduil81:

Did u say otto have the better eco? 

easily aztecs have deceptively higher points due to large starting army but actual res gathered are lower

•  04-17-2012, 12:45 PM 955056 in reply to 955042
    TheKillerClown_Sucks TheKillerClown_Sucks is not online. Last active: 12-11-2013, 6:52 PM
    Not Ranked
    Total Posts: 288
    Last Post: 12-11-2013

This thread is very amusing.

Everything Tomasl has said is irrelevant. Just like the last time he made a OP list for TR, which had Sioux at the top and Japan at the bottom.

@ Tomasl

1. Aztec eco is better than Ottomans before and after 40 mins. Because with any native civ their scores are lower, while their actual res is higher. This is because they have more abundance of resourses with less spent on upgrades. In addition with the 1000 crate coin card after 40, which is the same as having 4 vills gathering off British cows, since you would put 3 az vills on the crates, and crates gather at 8.00 a second, and British cows are at 6.00 a second.

2. You should seriously grow up. You come on here and act like a 14 yr old in midst puberty. It's sick cause you're probably a grown man. Srs, get a life.

3. I like how you go out on a limb and try to insult LordStefanIII for no reason. You should listen to him, he knows a lot about this game. I'm sure he will accept a 1 vs 1 against you. If not you could ask Caleb, hes usually on his Ombarb account.

I would accept a 1 vs 1 against you. My eso is Athoss if you want to play.

http://www.mediafire.com/?myxhtdlra42xh
  •  04-17-2012, 12:51 PM 955058 in reply to 955056
    Not Ranked
    TheKillerClown_Sucks:

Everything Tomasl has said is irrelevant. Just like the last time he made a OP list for TR, which had Sioux at the top and Japan at the bottom.

@ Tomasl

1. Aztec eco is better than Ottomans before and after 40 mins. Because with any native civ their scores are lower, while their actual res is higher. This is because they have more abundance of resourses with less spent on upgrades. In addition with the 1000 crate coin card after 40, which is the same as having 4 vills gathering off British cows, since you would put 3 az vills on the crates, and crates gather at 8.00 a second, and British cows are at 6.00 a second.

2. You should seriously grow up. You come on here and act like a 14 yr old in midst puberty. It's sick cause you're probably a grown man. Srs, get a life.

3. I like how you go out on a limb and try to insult LordStefanIII for no reason. You should listen to him, he knows a lot about this game. I'm sure he will accept a 1 vs 1 against you. If not you could ask Caleb, hes usually on his Ombarb account.

lol stef on another of his many accounts?

me ottos u aztec? 2min game in my favour

•  04-17-2012, 12:55 PM 955059 in reply to 955058
    Not Ranked
    Tomasl:
    TheKillerClown_Sucks:

@ Tomasl

lol stef on another of his many accounts?

me ottos u aztec? 2min game in my favour

funny how it takes u 30+ mins to reply and how u use a dif account

and i am the man child lol

•  04-17-2012, 1:23 PM 955068 in reply to 955037
    ANKUR ANKUR is not online. Last active: 09-15-2013, 1:53 AM
    INDIA
    Top 500 Contributor
    Total Posts: 596
    Last Post: 09-15-2013

may be i m wrony but dont macs with war dance(with 10wp) beat most other li(ski type unit) cost effectively(vs) ?

knight_br:
    Optimal explanation .. very succinctly

LordStefanIII:

Unkown_Genius:
    Leave it to Age.Comm to get a thread twenty miles off topic.

:)

Or turn into a flame war.

•  04-17-2012, 3:05 PM 955072 in reply to 955068
    Chrissl Chrissl is not online. Last active: 28-12-2013, 5:35 PM
    Germany/Frankfurt
    Not Ranked
    Total Posts: 172
    Last Post: 12-28-2013

maces cost way too much wood to use them permanently.

1. stop making quotes from 6+ posts please, thats just annoying -.-

2. id like to see a game where a aztec wins against a otto (not in the first 5 min). id like to play vs any aztec with ottos, should be easy game i think lol. if you dont think so, prove the opposite please!

i actually think tomasl is right guys! 21

http://www.twitch.tv/agechrissl
  •  04-17-2012, 4:02 PM 955074 in reply to 955072
    benbutler benbutler is not online. Last active: 09-14-2012, 4:47 PM
    Not Ranked
    Total Posts: 22
    Last Post: 09-14-2012
    i know how to use aztec pretty well, especially considering i beat praetorian with them. (yes, THE praetorian. if you dont believe me, check my elo: mariusvanroos is praetorian. and i have screens proving its praetorian too)
  •  04-17-2012, 4:03 PM 955075 in reply to 955074
    benbutler benbutler is not online. Last active: 09-14-2012, 4:47 PM
    Not Ranked
    Total Posts: 22
    Last Post: 09-14-2012
    and yes. praetorian was using ottomans.
  •  04-17-2012, 4:03 PM 955076 in reply to 955072
    Frankfurt (Germany)
    Top 500 Contributor
    Chrissl:

i actually think tomasl is right guys! 21

No, not with the aspect that Otto's eco is better than Aztec's!

George:
  •  04-17-2012, 4:05 PM 955077 in reply to 955074
    Frankfurt (Germany)
    Top 500 Contributor

benbutler:
    i know how to use aztec pretty well, especially considering i beat praetorian with them. (yes, THE praetorian. if you dont believe me, check my elo: mariusvanroos is praetorian. and i have screens proving its praetorian too)

Who cares about Pretorian, however you just play vs noobs.

George:
  •  04-17-2012, 4:19 PM 955079 in reply to 955077
    Thranduil81 Thranduil81 is not online. Last active: 05-25-2013, 6:43 AM
    Not Ranked
    Total Posts: 294
    Last Post: 05-25-2013

1. That was sup. If you did anything besides crow about beating Praetorian you'd know this was a treaty thread.

2. The last time you beat anyone higher than lance corp on TAD was 3 months and 6 pages of games ago. And please don't tell me who you beat on TWC, the quality of play there is laughably bad compared to TAD

Page 3 of 7 (95 items)   < Previous 1 2 3 4 5 Next > ... Last »
View as RSS news feed in XML