Age of Empires Forums

advanced
in

Last post 07-16-2012, 12:35 PM by scottp54. 90 replies.
Page 6 of 7 (91 items)   « First ... < Previous 3 4 5 6 7 Next >
Sort Posts:
  •  05-27-2012, 4:49 AM 957669 in reply to 957649
    jeffro18 jeffro18 is not online. Last active: 03-23-2013, 7:40 PM
    Not Ranked
    Total Posts: 327
    Last Post: 03-23-2013
    Subject: Re: Help with German Boom

metis booms r at there BEST/MAX, max scores these days r all u can get like 2750 germans, 2.7 britt, 2350 port and 3.2 iro no bb ect..... (iirc on most of them) on andes.

many players have done every little thing to get 5 more points out of them. 

LordStefanIII:
    Damn what kind of response is that? Does it mean you're a virgin?

Jerom:
    Thanks just what I needed.

Milky__:
    Wish I could sig this too

but im afraid i would get banned for being a forum goddess
  •  05-27-2012, 10:29 AM 957682 in reply to 957669
    0xyM0r0n 0xyM0r0n is not online. Last active: 09-25-2013, 10:39 PM
    USA
    Top 500 Contributor
    Total Posts: 818
    Last Post: 09-25-2013
    British is south sea bubble right??? and ports i think i got 2200 once and germans i cant break past 2500 (i get same resources but not same score!)

Tech Enthusiast.
    C++ Programmer
    Java Programmer
    C# Programmer
    I don't play on eso anymore. Gameranger and Hamachi.
  •  07-13-2012, 6:17 PM 961414 in reply to 957682
    USA
    Top 500 Contributor
    any more tips with germany? i do everything on the recs and get same resources but the "Score" wont go past 2550

Tech Enthusiast.
    C++ Programmer
    Java Programmer
    C# Programmer
  •  07-13-2012, 6:27 PM 961418 in reply to 961414
    StormComing StormComing is not online. Last active: 01-26-2014, 12:21 PM
    Top 100 Contributor
    Total Posts: 1,474
    Last Post: 01-26-2014
    POST A REC AND I WATCH AND TELL YOU WHAT UR MUCKING UP

RIP AGE COM
  •  07-13-2012, 6:30 PM 961420 in reply to 961414
    J McMillin J McMillin is not online. Last active: 03-11-2014, 1:01 AM
    [KOOEC]
    Top 200 Contributor
    Total Posts: 992
    Last Post: 03-11-2014
    slightly off-topic but i was reading and i saw the picture of the french boom. do you use the french church card? i don't think 72 overpop with grens is worth your buildings costing a ridiculous amount of wood. and the boost it gives to gathering is miniscule since it makes plantations cost well over 1000 wood! it makes it like impossible to afford forward bases. I RARELY play with france, but when i do its usually all OP or 1 OP civ a team. one thing i'd like to point out that while your booms are great metis (MUCH better then mine lol) isn't it true that offline gathering rates are better which would lead to somewhat higher scores?

kittychix:

If you know your behaviour or language is going to result in a ban, and continue with the actions anyway...you are heading in a direction of less then temporary action.

•  07-13-2012, 6:36 PM 961423 in reply to 961420
    USA
    Top 500 Contributor

J McMillin:
    slightly off-topic but i was reading and i saw the picture of the french boom. do you use the french church card? i don't think 72 overpop with grens is worth your buildings costing a ridiculous amount of wood. and the boost it gives to gathering is miniscule since it makes plantations cost well over 1000 wood! it makes it like impossible to afford forward bases. I RARELY play with france, but when i do its usually all OP or 1 OP civ a team. one thing i'd like to point out that while your booms are great metis (MUCH better then mine lol) isn't it true that offline gathering rates are better which would lead to somewhat higher scores?

overpop with grens doesnt make buildings cost more its the Code napoleon tech that increases it and it only up's the gather rates for coreurs not the treasure villagers(it works on cree coreurs though)

And you would really do that stormcoming??

Tech Enthusiast.
    C++ Programmer
    Java Programmer
    C# Programmer
  •  07-13-2012, 6:39 PM 961424 in reply to 961420
    Top 100 Contributor

not sure if youre talking to me or metis :D

If yo uuse church card for the french boom, then you build your base BEFORE you send the church tech, so now the only things costing extra wood is your fb.  so that may change your mind.

personally i would use church card whenever i expect a head on fight with minimal running around.

if i faced a runner civ i wouldn't use it.

offline booms get a score boost of like, 50%.  though it differs depending on civ.   imo dont watch any boom thats been done offline, cuz they cant be replicated online so its really useless... and they just plain deceive people...

@shkri :  1

RIP AGE COM
  •  07-13-2012, 6:45 PM 961427 in reply to 961414
    jayve98 jayve98 is not online. Last active: 09-07-2014, 8:59 PM
    Top 150 Contributor
    Total Posts: 1,189
    Last Post: 09-07-2014

skhsri:
    any more tips with germany? i do everything on the recs and get same resources but the "Score" wont go past 2550

its most likely just needs more practice...imo u can get by in most reakl games with 2550 as germans. especially if ur playing nats and u can keep like an extra 20 vills. 

dcdonnie4:

The more costeffective army can win vs a more expensive (better unit) because they can just keep throwing them at the other player.

•  07-13-2012, 6:47 PM 961428 in reply to 961427
    Top 100 Contributor
    jayve98:

skhsri:

its most likely just needs more practice...imo u can get by in most reakl games with 2550 as germans. especially if ur playing nats and u can keep like an extra 20 vills. 

ye that score is just fine.  unless you are german mirroring a pro, or facing a good spain

IMO never stop trying to improve :D

RIP AGE COM
  •  07-13-2012, 6:54 PM 961429 in reply to 961427
    TheKillerClown_Sucks TheKillerClown_Sucks is not online. Last active: 12-11-2013, 6:52 PM
    Not Ranked
    Total Posts: 288
    Last Post: 12-11-2013
    jayve98:

skhsri:

Yeah, especially team games, you never really see anyone get over 2550. Though in 1 vs 1's I've been getting over 2600 consistently. Still can't see how I could get to 2700 LOL.

http://www.mediafire.com/?myxhtdlra42xh
  •  07-13-2012, 9:15 PM 961438 in reply to 961429
    Milky__ Milky__ is not online. Last active: Tue, Dec 17 2013, 7:26 PM
    NZ
    Top 25 Contributor
    Total Posts: 4,974
    Last Post: 12-17-2013
    TheKillerClown_Sucks:
    jayve98:

skhsri:

Yeah, especially team games, you never really see anyone get over 2550. Though in 1 vs 1's I've been getting over 2600 consistently. Still can't see how I could get to 2700 LOL.

op trade posts for 2700 hun x0 

•  07-15-2012, 5:36 PM 961624 in reply to 932298
    scottp54 scottp54 is not online. Last active: 09-22-2013, 6:53 PM
    USA!
    Not Ranked
    Total Posts: 133
    Last Post: 09-22-2013
    Metis:

There are some German recordings here.

http://forum.agecommunity.com/forums/post/865668.aspx

What most people I've seen do is to send the settler wagon production card and make three mills in age III, even before town centers, as each settler wagon that is produces equals two settlers at that stage. After the settler wagons are out then go to IV and get the card for their gathering. Go to IV, get the capitol upgrades, then produce the rest of your regular settlers.

Remember that when carded the 20 settler wagons, which are 40 population, actually gather the same as 54 regular settlers. Therefore, if you want a standard economy at the fight time you should delete your regular settlers down to 46. This will show you as having 66 villagers (20 SW plus 46 villagers). The population will be 40 (for the SW) plus 46 = 86, which gives you 14 more population for units.

Or, conversely, you can have 100 pop in units and only delete to 80 shown total settlers (40 pop in SW, which take 2 pop each + 60 regular villagers). This will give you 100 population for an army while giving you a 114 population equivalent economy.

I usually split the difference and delete to 75 shown villagers. Just remember to never delete your settler wagons. 

i tried this three times, once out of real games and twice in actual games. the two times i did it in a real game i lost because eco gets messed up sooo bad and all the settlers (normal) get out way late. what should be done is mass wood for the two town centers a bit before aging (you shoudl have a good amount of food extra like maybe 1k or so) and through it, build ur tc in explorer queue, make a few settlers in free tc while second builds (btw you are still massing wood with a few vilies or settler wagons on food just for slow increase) and only queue one or two settlers at a time. when second ones up que one or too and keep it just barely producing and same with third until u have like 1k wood ish spare which shouldnt take long cause tc take a while to build so may have enough before 3rd tc is up. then put everyone on food and massivly gather food and then queue up more normals settlers and build a mill and start making settler wagons who go to wood, build a few houses and then with balanced wood and food because settler wagons newly made go to wood u start building up a good store of wood and food to make both settler wagons and normal cntinuously. you build two more farms and keep them with like 2 queued settler wagons. after a while u should have enough normal settlers to put enough on trees so that all ur settler wagons (except maybe 3 which should be on food with a multitude of normal settlers) can go on gold and mass it for the next age (fourth) during which time, all wagons will be out and most normal settlers which is how i do it at least and i always get a good eco. maybe im doing the farm thing wrong but it made me lose twice and didnt work in a vs comp game so yea :/ but this is what i always do.

TacticalWillie:
    No pikes are not half as good as dopps, for one they don't have a giant OP sword do they? nooo they only have a silly looking stick with a knife on the end and they don't even have a cool looking hat either!
  •  07-16-2012, 3:14 AM 961748 in reply to 961624
    Metis Metis is not online. Last active: Thu, Dec 26 2013, 1:38 AM
    Top 10 Contributor
    Total Posts: 7,783
    Last Post: 12-26-2013

Firstly, I made a slight error in calculation in that early post. If base rate only is taken into consideration, the carded SW do, indeed, gather at the rate of 54 settlers. However, when all of the economy cards and other upgrades are in this drops to 47 (see this post).

Wood is the key to a good German boom. Firstly, you will need to be producing houses constantly as you get those pesky Uhlans taking up population each time toy ship a card, not to mention that you need 600 wood for two TCs, 1200 wood for three mills and 2000 wood for your settler wagons (plus even more for mill and market upgrades).

You will also need gold to age. It would be nice if your team would leave you three mines but I've found time and again that people just can't resist a vacant mine and by the time I had the SWs out and was wanting to shift to mines to age there were none. This is one reason I've toyed around with the one mine one hunt German boom, however, this boom requires even more wood as you have to make, and upgrade, at least two plantations early on. What I do now is just get 20 settlers on mines as fast as I can in Age III so I can get the gold I need to age before my teammates use up all the mines.

It's hard to do but you want to have all your settlers out by 23 minutes if you can, which is another reason I put up the TCs before the mills. Three mills produce 20 SW very fast but it takes some time to get the rest of your settlers out from the TCs, especially as you actually only have two producing for several minutes in there as you age to IV and V.

Be dynamic in your gathering. It's hard to write up an exact build order for the number of settlers you will need on which resources at which times because there are too many factors involved, such as the position and distance of mines and hunts relative to your starting TC and whether or not your team will come over and eat your starting hunt and close mines while "saving" their own.

If you see that you are getting close to full pop, or are getting close to having a shipment that will require a +Uhlan card, then plan on gathering more wood so that you can build a house. I actually always have a couple of extra houses so I don't have to plan this so precisely.

When Buzz_D said that the key to a good boom is wood gathering he wasn't wrong.

What I do with my mills is just queue the SW back to them and, as the close hunts are eaten, and I have enough on mills for constant settler production move my settlers to chopping and gold. Five SW each on 4 mills is usually enough food for Germany. However, if you have an Ott or French teammate and plan to trade or plan on using natives heavily then you might additional settlers on mills.

Also, remember that the key to the optimal boom is to gather mostly from those resources that you have the most upgrades for, if at all possible. For instance, of you have wood-chopping and milling fully upgraded but do not yet have the plantations upgraded or s substantial number of plantation cards in then concentrate on food and wood gathering for a time.

•  07-16-2012, 10:59 AM 961793 in reply to 961748
    scottp54 scottp54 is not online. Last active: 09-22-2013, 6:53 PM
    USA!
    Not Ranked
    Total Posts: 133
    Last Post: 09-22-2013
    Metis:

Firstly, I made a slight error in calculation in that early post. If base rate only is taken into consideration, the carded SW do, indeed, gather at the rate of 54 settlers. However, when all of the economy cards and other upgrades are in this drops to 47 (see this post).

Wood is the key to a good German boom. Firstly, you will need to be producing houses constantly as you get those pesky Uhlans taking up population each time toy ship a card, not to mention that you need 600 wood for two TCs, 1200 wood for three mills and 2000 wood for your settler wagons (plus even more for mill and market upgrades).

You will also need gold to age. It would be nice if your team would leave you three mines but I've found time and again that people just can't resist a vacant mine and by the time I had the SWs out and was wanting to shift to mines to age there were none. This is one reason I've toyed around with the one mine one hunt German boom, however, this boom requires even more wood as you have to make, and upgrade, at least two plantations early on. What I do now is just get 20 settlers on mines as fast as I can in Age III so I can get the gold I need to age before my teammates use up all the mines.

It's hard to do but you want to have all your settlers out by 23 minutes if you can, which is another reason I put up the TCs before the mills. Three mills produce 20 SW very fast but it takes some time to get the rest of your settlers out from the TCs, especially as you actually only have two producing for several minutes in there as you age to IV and V.

Be dynamic in your gathering. It's hard to write up an exact build order for the number of settlers you will need on which resources at which times because there are too many factors involved, such as the position and distance of mines and hunts relative to your starting TC and whether or not your team will come over and eat your starting hunt and close mines while "saving" their own.

If you see that you are getting close to full pop, or are getting close to having a shipment that will require a +Uhlan card, then plan on gathering more wood so that you can build a house. I actually always have a couple of extra houses so I don't have to plan this so precisely.

When Buzz_D said that the key to a good boom is wood gathering he wasn't wrong.

What I do with my mills is just queue the SW back to them and, as the close hunts are eaten, and I have enough on mills for constant settler production move my settlers to chopping and gold. Five SW each on 4 mills is usually enough food for Germany. However, if you have an Ott or French teammate and plan to trade or plan on using natives heavily then you might additional settlers on mills.

Also, remember that the key to the optimal boom is to gather mostly from those resources that you have the most upgrades for, if at all possible. For instance, of you have wood-chopping and milling fully upgraded but do not yet have the plantations upgraded or s substantial number of plantation cards in then concentrate on food and wood gathering for a time.

all goodn very true info. the last part about # of people on mils. having 10 settler wagons (5 each mill) and 20 normals settlers is fine too, the extra 10 settler wagons on gold really help (i dont use natives so other may differ?) and factories can basically be left on wood because german eco is fine without them honestly, but u can tranfer them to food if u really need it or move settler wagons to food and settlers to coin. but generally 10 wagons food with 20 settlers is fine and give u more stored up gold for cannons/mercs if u use them so that u never have to worry about running out of that.

by the way, i think the retasking settler wagons to the mills is a good idea if the hunts are too far/ mostly collected by if there are enough herds left/clse enough i send the wagons out to cellect because their increased speed plus huntings normals boost over mills makes food increase huge.

about friends eating all the mines alas its true, but i usually play 2v2 so its not sooo bad.

TacticalWillie:
    No pikes are not half as good as dopps, for one they don't have a giant OP sword do they? nooo they only have a silly looking stick with a knife on the end and they don't even have a cool looking hat either!
  •  07-16-2012, 11:16 AM 961803 in reply to 961793
    jayve98 jayve98 is not online. Last active: 09-07-2014, 8:59 PM
    Top 150 Contributor
    Total Posts: 1,189
    Last Post: 09-07-2014

if ur germans u should always use nats if u can since they can easily support nat spam and they can keep more vills with nats. u just have to change ur distro a bit which storm tells u about in his VOD of german boom :D only reason u shouldnt use nats imo is if u have spain ally, and even then, sometimes they will let u have it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zXw0Tsm_dSw&list=PLB139BCF7460B50AB&index=8&feature=plpp_video 

dcdonnie4:

The more costeffective army can win vs a more expensive (better unit) because they can just keep throwing them at the other player.

Page 6 of 7 (91 items)   « First ... < Previous 3 4 5 6 7 Next >
View as RSS news feed in XML