Age of Empires Forums

advanced
in

Last post 08-07-2012, 1:44 PM by Jerom. 21 replies.
Page 1 of 2 (22 items)   1 2 Next >
Sort Posts:
  •  07-06-2012, 11:12 AM 960970
    The Middleman The Middleman is not online. Last active: 02-19-2014, 12:29 PM
    Not Ranked
    Total Posts: 59
    Last Post: 02-19-2014
    Subject: Dutch in vanila
    So i decided to try dutch out. My question is which are available starts whit dutch in 1v1 and 3v3 games? and can someone write BO for those starts?
  •  07-06-2012, 12:33 PM 960971 in reply to 960970
    TacticalWillie TacticalWillie is not online. Last active: 12-26-2013, 9:58 AM
    Top 500 Contributor
    Total Posts: 690
    Last Post: 12-26-2013
    Subject: Re: Dutch in vanila

Lucky for you I was just scrolling through the unanswered requests for help when I noticed yours, and let me start out by saying I am extremely excited to help another noob become a better player.  

I think your going to need a pros help on this one, Dutch are an extremely hard civ to play, and only an extremely skilled player can truly master them. Here's what you need to do.

Start game Part one: Gather crates, next place all villagers on food, send the Sandhouder card.

Make another Envoy when you get the chance, also do not produce villagers since they cost food and you need food to produce Envoys and MM.

Step two: search the map and gather 150 gold from treasures.

Step three: Use your hero (which is now OP from the card you sent) and his doggy and attack the bad guys villagers.

Step four: Send your 5 Envoys  from the North in on his villagers.

Step five: Send your MM from the South and attack his villagers.

This will force him to enter his town center and since he is in his towncenter he won't be able to gather food, so he will be forced to stay in the I age.

At around 5:30 seconds click to age to the II age, build 5 pikemen and destroy his towncenter.

Anyway that is an undefeated players Dutch Strategy, I'm sure it will work for you.

RainbowZ:
    TacticalWillie should stop noobbashing colonels.
  •  07-06-2012, 12:35 PM 960972 in reply to 960971
    ThatRabbi ThatRabbi is not online. Last active: 12-13-2013, 2:13 PM
    Not Ranked
    Total Posts: 120
    Last Post: 12-13-2013
    Excellent strategy , those envoy's will cause panic 
  •  07-06-2012, 12:48 PM 960974 in reply to 960972
    Top 500 Contributor
    Yes, when the players see the Envoys they will think  it is some message from the other player, so they will naturally not attack it, but when it suddenly turns on them like a Trojan Horse it will cause mass panicking

RainbowZ:
  •  07-06-2012, 1:44 PM 960979 in reply to 960971
    TheKillerClown_Sucks TheKillerClown_Sucks is not online. Last active: 12-11-2013, 6:52 PM
    Not Ranked
    Total Posts: 288
    Last Post: 12-11-2013
    TacticalWillie:

Lucky for you I was just scrolling through the unanswered requests for help when I noticed yours, and let me start out by saying I am extremely excited to help another noob become a better player.  

I think your going to need a pros help on this one, Dutch are an extremely hard civ to play, and only an extremely skilled player can truly master them. Here's what you need to do.

Start game Part one: Gather crates, next place all villagers on food, send the Sandhouder card.

Make another Envoy when you get the chance, also do not produce villagers since they cost food and you need food to produce Envoys and MM.

Step three: Use your hero (which is now OP from the card you sent) and his doggy and attack the bad guys villagers.

Step four: Send your 5 Envoys  from the North in on his villagers.

Step five: Send your MM from the South and attack his villagers.

This will force him to enter his town center and since he is in his towncenter he won't be able to gather food, so he will be forced to stay in the I age.

At around 5:30 seconds click to age to the II age, build 5 pikemen and destroy his towncenter.

Anyway that is an undefeated players Dutch Strategy, I'm sure it will work for you.

Excellent, especially the over powered age time, it's unheard of for Dutch. I don't think I could top it. But I got one.

Step one: Send a vill to your opponents TC to steal his crates. After steal one of his herds.

Step two, dont gather any coin, and only food. Don't make any vills.

Step three, age up to age 2 asap, this should be fast. Send colonial militia as first card. Age with tower and 200 coin.  Place the tower forward.

Step four, continue to gather food, from the coin crates you started with send all the minute men from colonial militia card, send 8 pikes as your second card. make the tower your shipment drop off point, and vill hp as your third. Continue to gather food until you have all mm and 5 envoys. Send everything in, vills included and siege the town center.

This is an undefeated strategy among conscripts. Extremely viable vs strategicjoel and tacticalwillie.

http://www.mediafire.com/?myxhtdlra42xh
  •  07-06-2012, 1:50 PM 960980 in reply to 960971
    HunterCallahan HunterCallahan is not online. Last active: 09-13-2013, 10:24 AM
    <Insert clever location here>
    Top 75 Contributor
    Total Posts: 1,862
    Last Post: 09-13-2013
    TacticalWillie:

Make another Envoy when you get the chance, also do not produce villagers since they cost food (What a real good dutch player you are, Dutch vills cost gold, not food. Everyone knows that) and you need food to produce Envoys and MM.

Step four: Send your 5 Envoys  from the North in on his villagers. (Villagers beat envoys in hand to hand combat)

Step five: Send your MM from the South and attack his villagers. (by this time the MM will have about 20 Hp and can easily be defeated by a few villagers or an explorer)

This will force him to enter his town center and since he is in his towncenter he won't be able to gather food, so he will be forced to stay in the I age. (He won't have to be in his TC for more then 5 seconds, as his villagers alone could beat off your units)

At around 5:30 seconds click to age to the II age,  (Extremely slow age time. Most civs have small armies by now) build 5 pikemen and destroy his towncenter.

It's really not cool to give people who are looking for a legit strat this kind of trolling.

and OP, ask Jerom. He's pretty darn good with the dutch.

cam44:

wut inn thee fawk r u tokking abowt?
  •  07-06-2012, 5:27 PM 960982 in reply to 960980
    Kingownage_the_3 (AOE) Kingownage_the_3 (AOE) is not online. Last active: 10-05-2012, 11:03 PM
    Canada
    Not Ranked
    Total Posts: 78
    Last Post: 10-05-2012

Yeah I'm pretty sure he came on the forums to ask questions and get better, not look for false information and be confused.

I think more people would appreciate and respect help, for the people that regularly check the forum I think there thoughts are similar. Not really funny anymore, not to mention a aimless and time consuming "amusing (for you) past time". I think there are better things to do. Having a large post count is good if your helping people, bad if your wasting other peoples time.

I may be wrong and my input of your post intentions might be incorrect, but this is just my opinion.

Iro Boom 3150 at 40 pro score
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aKvR5N4vMvw&list=PLB852F0E14A895420&feature=mh_lolz
  •  07-26-2012, 12:38 PM 963107 in reply to 960970
    Dudewtf Dudewtf is not online. Last active: 09-13-2012, 9:35 AM
    Not Ranked
    Total Posts: 8
    Last Post: 09-13-2012

For standard dutch age up I send 4 settlers to gather the gold crates first (to train settlers) the other 2 settlers will go to hunt start training the settlers to food. The 4 settlers on crates then go to mines. You train up to 13 settlers than send the mine settlers to food. In that time you should have one home city shipment. Send the 3 settler cards. So by now you will have 16 settlers on food. By the time those 16 settlers are trained you should have 800 food to age 2.(age up with the 400wood politician) During the transition from age  1 to 2 transfer 10 settlers from food to wood so that you gather enough for one bank.(make sure you have 350 food and wood at around the same time) when you enough for a bank distribute your settlers on wood to food and coin (i have about 10 on food and the rest mining) as soon as you age gather the 400 wood build a barracks and two houses start pumping out skirms. Next card you send is the 700 wood. Keep producing skirmishers and settlers. Gather the 700 wood crate and build a 2nd bank and a stable should you want to train some calvary. After that the next cards  are to your discretion. If the opponent is going cav or you think their going calvary send the 8 pikes shipment if not then send the 600 wood and set up another bank . Make sure to harrass them settlers with your skirms and use the pikes to ward of cav, train more pikes if needed at the same time always have at least 1 settler training at all time and keep pushing while your eco booms. After this you may either to age to age 3 or stick to colonial and mass skirms and pikes/cav

hope this helps

•  07-28-2012, 5:54 AM 963251 in reply to 960970
    Vranak Vranak is not online. Last active: 09-05-2012, 12:07 PM
    Not Ranked
    Total Posts: 49
    Last Post: 09-05-2012
    Subject: Re: Dutch in vanilla

The best way to figure this stuff out is just to practice in Skirmish mode against the computer. Don't get overconfident when you can beat the computer on Hard though, because they'll pick up your habits and start countering with different strategies.

I've been doing this for weeks and I still am not entirely comfortable with the Dutch. They are really vulnerable until they get to the fourth age. Germans can deal some serious damage early and cripple them for the rest of the game. Spanish are pesky too, but they don't have quite the same oomph without the large numbers of free Uhlans and the three Dopplesoldner shipment.

You've really gotta start getting some walls up around any resources far from home, and keep building them as you go, with outposts, so you don't leave your villies hanging out to dry if and when a raiding party comes by.

That said once they get to Fifth Age I think they're the strongest civilization in the game. The French give a good run for their money but if you can find a way to counter the nearly-invincible Imperial Gendarmes you stand a chance.

You've also gotta stay on top of the culverin situation to counter nasty stuff like British rockets and German late-game artillery.

Another thing that can really speed up victories is to use Priests and Surgeons to keep topping up the health of your legions. I use about five or six priests because they take 90 seconds to recharge their healing ability. Surgeons are a lot quicker but I like to keep them safe in the base since once they're gone, they're gone for good.

As for what to do early on, I put three villagers on gold right away, and after a house is built, three on wood. You want around five villies on a mine in order to keep cranking out villagers without interruption. And I don't do any hunting until I've got a market up with the Hunting Dogs upgrade. Don't touch berries if you can help it -- but given the choice between berries and leaving your villies vulnerable, go with the berries. Better yet, get a dock up and start fishing.

As soon as you start aging up to Colonial, get the first wood upgrade (100 food) and then put plenty of villies to wood harvesting. And do get the villagers HP and weapon upgrades. When you're being sacked it's great to be able to volley at the enemy and take down a few stragglers. It can really turn the tide. Don't think that they're useless at combat because they're not, especially with ten of them. Of course against more than a few enemies and no proper army they will get slaughtered.

•  07-29-2012, 4:07 PM 963350 in reply to 963251
    Grandevous Grandevous is not online. Last active: 08-31-2013, 7:56 AM
    Location... Unverified
    Top 500 Contributor
    Total Posts: 354
    Last Post: 08-31-2013
    Subject: Re: Dutch in vanilla
    Vranak:

I've been doing this for weeks and I still am not entirely comfortable with the Dutch. They are really vulnerable until they get to the fourth age.

That said once they get to Fifth Age I think they're the strongest civilization in the game. The French give a good run for their money but if you can find a way to counter the nearly-invincible Imperial Gendarmes you stand a chance.

No. Dutch are not strong in imperial and industrial. They are at their best at late colonial- early fortress cause of their superior bank + settler Eco. When they get maxed out late fortress, other civs Eco catch up to Dutch.  

Death will take you without a care for circumstance or timing; live life to the fullest without fear of death, or need to know why it chooses who it does - otherwise you are already dead.
  •  07-29-2012, 4:20 PM 963352 in reply to 960971
    zorc17 zorc17 is not online. Last active: 11 Feb 2014, 3:12 PM
    The Great White North, Canada
    Top 75 Contributor
    Total Posts: 1,723
    Last Post: 02-11-2014
    TacticalWillie:

i seen STJ's post and was like this gnna b guuud

then i read this and I  LOL'ed sooooo hard when i read this...

Zorc17
    The great white north is snowing today

Imperial Redcoat:
    Zorc is cool don't fk around brah.
  •  07-30-2012, 3:31 AM 963384 in reply to 963352
    Masinkov_ Masinkov_ is not online. Last active: 01-08-2013, 7:15 AM
    Not Ranked
    Total Posts: 170
    Last Post: 01-08-2013

1v1 i would play dutch 3 bank ff. ruyters and canons are very good combo. first shipments 3 vills, 700 wood, 700 food. than you will need some unit shipments in age3. skirms or ruyters depends on situation. colonial milita card can be helpful to. if you could handle early pressure you have the advantage.

•  07-30-2012, 5:38 AM 963386 in reply to 960970
    samirtobias samirtobias is not online. Last active: 02-21-2014, 5:53 AM
    Top 500 Contributor
    Total Posts: 628
    Last Post: 02-21-2014

The Middleman:
    So i decided to try dutch out. My question is which are available starts whit dutch in 1v1 and 3v3 games? and can someone write BO for those starts?

Dutch are the mostdifficult civ to play.  Like brit they are boomy, and require good building placement and experience to do get out of age2 unscathed.

Try playing Port --  I am almost PR 43 again with french on nilla and the toughest matchup is always port.

Wish me luck -- in a couple more days I should be over PR43 again ... personal goal :)

Go here to see why I am no longer active on the forums:
    http://www.ageofempires.com/Forums/yaf_postst227p6_Age-Community-Awards---WINNERS.aspx?=
  •  07-30-2012, 11:21 AM 963403 in reply to 963386
    The Middleman The Middleman is not online. Last active: 02-19-2014, 12:29 PM
    Not Ranked
    Total Posts: 59
    Last Post: 02-19-2014

thx guys for your help and suggestions. I always fail vs german early pressure whit cav and pike+xbow, and what i lack is building placement, is there some rule about placing a building or its experience that i lack? are there any guidelines about placing a building? and when is a good time to get market up and which upgrades i should take?

•  07-30-2012, 1:04 PM 963419 in reply to 963403
    Top 500 Contributor
    After you gather your 100 wood, build a market. Regardless of what civ you use you always need a market as soon as possible. 

RainbowZ:
Page 1 of 2 (22 items)   1 2 Next >
View as RSS news feed in XML