Age of Empires Forums

advanced
in

Last post 05-22-2010, 1:03 PM by thetrualbanian. 112 replies.
Page 6 of 8 (113 items)   « First ... < Previous 4 5 6 7 8 Next >
Sort Posts:
  •  06-18-2009, 11:30 AM 820426 in reply to 820418
    Frankie_117 Frankie_117 is not online. Last active: 11/17/2012, 12:16 PM
    Kabul, Afghanistan where we ride camels to work
    Not Ranked
    Total Posts: 206
    Last Post: 11-17-2012
    Subject: Re: why haven't you tried the fan patch?
    I am not going to bash the fan patch, because it does help balance out mostly 1v1 matches by nerfing the strengths of certain civs and improving weaknesses. If you are a competitive player, the FP is for you. Of course, I always switch to the RE patch for team or treaty games, becasue for those games the FP does more harm to balance than good (except for Dutch).. Plus hardly any TR players have the FP...
  •  06-18-2009, 1:41 PM 820458 in reply to 820426
    [A414A] incy [A414A] incy is not online. Last active: 09-01-2009, 9:55 AM
    La France
    Top 200 Contributor
    Total Posts: 1,035
    Last Post: 09-01-2009

Frankie_117:
    I am not going to bash the fan patch, because it does help balance out mostly 1v1 matches by nerfing the strengths of certain civs and improving weaknesses. If you are a competitive player, the FP is for you. Of course, I always switch to the RE patch for team or treaty games, becasue for those games the FP does more harm to balance than good (except for Dutch).. Plus hardly any TR players have the FP...

Lol no, in the RE patch you still get monster late game cuirs, Bowriders, stronger old han, lmao.

A414A - Join our Forums!
  •  06-21-2009, 10:38 AM 821190 in reply to 820458
    gooback219 gooback219 is not online. Last active: 10-09-2011, 1:09 AM
    Top 100 Contributor
    Total Posts: 1,591
    Last Post: 10-09-2011

and abus guns which beat everything in the game except for heavy cav, which lose to jans, making jan/abus ridiculously awesome.

Ezhidze:

If your not black you have no right no say what's racist and what's not.

•  06-28-2009, 1:32 AM 823161 in reply to 792706
    Kaarle_W Kaarle_W is not online. Last active: 06/01/2013, 3:13 AM
    Finland
    Top 50 Contributor
    Total Posts: 2,580
    Last Post: 01-06-2013

Hiya, 

I've actually been inactive on ESO for quite some time now, so I've missed a lot of stuff; the fan patch being one of 'em.

The way you put it makes it sound very interesting and tempting.

You say "it's easy to change between patches" Could you explain a bit more? How can I change patches? -Because I would love to give it a try, but probably not replace "normal" ESO gaming with it completely. 

Well it's dreadfully out of date but it reminds me of old days. :)
  •  06-28-2009, 3:40 AM 823167 in reply to 823161
    La France
    Top 200 Contributor
    Basically, to launch the game you use the Patch Launcher. A window comes up, you click the patch you want to play on from that window and you click "ok" or "go" or w/e and your game is launched with the patch you selected. :)

A414A - Join our Forums!
  •  06-28-2009, 12:39 PM 823245 in reply to 823167
    Aaryn GenD Aaryn GenD is not online. Last active: 11 Dec 2013, 6:53 PM
    Germany
    Top 500 Contributor
    Total Posts: 617
    Last Post: 12-11-2013

the fp is dying, only way you can play it really is if you got a good set of people (friends) who play it (for example your clan) or you're higher ranked.

i don't think the fp in today's times does anything good for the community, i'm sure, and this has been indirectly announced, there will be further patches from robot entertainment

look at ESO, even lieut colonels to colonels random 3v3 games are on the robot patch quite often now, many of them have even quit

i also heard the fp 1.2 which was in plan has been scrapped

•  06-29-2009, 2:00 AM 823442 in reply to 823245
    La France
    Top 200 Contributor
    FP is the best thing that ever happened to TAD at all.

A414A - Join our Forums!
  •  07-17-2009, 6:52 PM 827642 in reply to 823442
    Wormfood Wormfood is not online. Last active: 07-21-2009, 5:39 PM
    Not Ranked
    Total Posts: 6
    Last Post: 07-21-2009

I did try the fan patch, got ambushed by the Robot patch, it completely hosed up my installation and I had to uninstall and reinstall from scratch. I was not pleased.

I have no intention of going back to the Fan Patch, I'm sad to say, because there's no reason to believe that Robot Entertainment won't patch over it again when I'm not looking and blow up my installation again.

Also, I can't say I'm particularly in love with the 1.1 Fan Patch changes. They appear to be overreaching, continuing the trend of homogenizing civs and packing the game with nothing but hard counters. You may be making a more balanced game, but only by offering more bland alternatives.

•  07-18-2009, 4:07 PM 827795 in reply to 820426
    Oddball the Angry Oddball the Angry is not online. Last active: 06-05-2010, 5:01 PM
    East Asia
    Top 200 Contributor
    Total Posts: 867
    Last Post: 06-05-2010

Well Frankie,

I have refused to try the fan patch because patches and stuff are the province of Ensemble (now RE) and not a bunch of geeky noob game designer wannabees who are going to severely mess up the online community with their clumsy efforts. I mean, when RE comes out with a patch, everybody gets it, everybody can play everybody. But when you use a fan patch only a few people are using you don't get very many games at all. Also, a fan patch could have a virus or something in it. Not likely, but possibly.

~Oddball the Angry

For those of you who go by avatars only, I'm not Aloysius.
    お忍び:
    Esam 709:
    Penguins rock.
    They are OP
  •  07-19-2009, 5:22 AM 827855 in reply to 792600
    Machiavelli+ Machiavelli+ is not online. Last active: 03-12-2012, 3:39 AM
    Australia
    Not Ranked
    Total Posts: 125
    Last Post: 12-03-2012
    I haven't tried the fan patch because it apparently makes a bunch of changes that are either completely pointless, or won't affect me. Also, I often don't trust UCC in case of stability issues, unless I'm completely sure that there aren't any, or it's effectively a complete overhaul (in the vein of the AoC:H mod for AoE2). It's not worth buggering up my install over a few small changes that suited a few people's gameplans.

You should be honoured to have read my post.
  •  07-19-2009, 8:09 AM 827861 in reply to 827795
    President_James President_James is not online. Last active: 10-26-2010, 7:22 PM
    In Soviet Russia, Adress needs to know YOU!!!
    Top 500 Contributor
    Total Posts: 692
    Last Post: 10-26-2010
    Oddball the Angry:

Well Frankie,

I have refused to try the fan patch because patches and stuff are the province of Ensemble (now RE) and not a bunch of geeky noob game designer wannabees who are going to severely mess up the online community with their clumsy efforts. I mean, when RE comes out with a patch, everybody gets it, everybody can play everybody. But when you use a fan patch only a few people are using you don't get very many games at all. Also, a fan patch could have a virus or something in it. Not likely, but possibly.

~Oddball the Angry

the guy said they have no viruses in them....

and please ease up on your statements. You have offended many posters by insulting the fan patch, and are looking like an a - hole.

Ofb Terminator0:

One time, I had a dream where my hair was made of cotton candy. That dream convinced me to quit using drugs.
  •  07-19-2009, 11:08 AM 827876 in reply to 827861
    Machiavelli+ Machiavelli+ is not online. Last active: 03-12-2012, 3:39 AM
    Australia
    Not Ranked
    Total Posts: 125
    Last Post: 12-03-2012
    President_James:
    Oddball the Angry:

Well Frankie,

~Oddball the Angry

and please ease up on your statements. You have offended many posters by insulting the fan patch, and are looking like an a - hole.

Not to butt in or anything, but OP did ask what would appear to be the entire forum why they don't use it, and "Oddball the Angry" gave an honest response. If he doesn't like it, there's no problem. If he thinks it's rubbish, there's no problem. You shouldn't take an opinion personally when it's been invited in the first place (or, in fact, at all, unless it's about you).

You should be honoured to have read my post.
  •  07-20-2009, 9:02 PM 828213 in reply to 827861
    Oddball the Angry Oddball the Angry is not online. Last active: 06-05-2010, 5:01 PM
    East Asia
    Top 200 Contributor
    President_James:
    Oddball the Angry:

Well Frankie,

~Oddball the Angry

President_James,

If i offended you I'm sorry but I am Russian and have a temper and obnoxious spirit to match. However, the comment was not directed at you and you have no right to take personal offense. The guy that started this thread wanted honest responses and I gave him one. If you like the fan patch, it's fine, but if I don't, you and all the other die-hard fan-patchers out there are going to have to suck it up and deal with it.

Cheers

Oddball the angry

お忍び:
    Esam 709:
    Penguins rock.
    They are OP
  •  07-20-2009, 9:05 PM 828214 in reply to 827876
    East Asia
    Top 200 Contributor
    Machiavelli+:
    President_James:
    Oddball the Angry:

Well Frankie,

~Oddball the Angry

Not to butt in or anything, but OP did ask what would appear to be the entire forum why they don't use it, and "Oddball the Angry" gave an honest response. If he doesn't like it, there's no problem. If he thinks it's rubbish, there's no problem. You shouldn't take an opinion personally when it's been invited in the first place (or, in fact, at all, unless it's about you).

It is good to know that at least most of the people in the forums are reasonable and mature and value freedom of opinion. In Russia where I'm from things like that can often get you into trouble, so I value my freedom on American websites like this one, and tend to be brutally honest. I appreciate your maturity.

お忍び:
    Esam 709:
    Penguins rock.
    They are OP
  •  07-20-2009, 9:07 PM 828216 in reply to 827876
    East Asia
    Top 200 Contributor
    Machiavelli+:
    President_James:
    Oddball the Angry:

Well Frankie,

~Oddball the Angry

Machiavelli, I appreciate your maturity and am glad to know that at least most of the people on the forums value freedom of opinion. In Russia where I'm from honesty will often get you into trouble, so I value my freedom on American websites like this one. You honestly don't know how good you have it. You have my respect.

お忍び:
    Esam 709:
    Penguins rock.
    They are OP
Page 6 of 8 (113 items)   « First ... < Previous 4 5 6 7 8 Next >
View as RSS news feed in XML