Age of Empires Forums

advanced
in

Last post 09-02-2010, 12:13 AM by Denalin. 62 replies.
Page 2 of 5 (63 items)   < Previous 1 2 3 4 5 Next >
Sort Posts:
  •  08-19-2010, 4:51 PM 895192 in reply to 895187
    deanparkr deanparkr is not online. Last active: 03 Jan 2014, 6:03 PM
    UK
    Top 500 Contributor
    Total Posts: 601
    Last Post: 01-03-2014
    Subject: Re: Introducing Two New AOEO Mods

Thanks for the response on that.

To me it seems like a poorly thought out decision considering how long AgeComm has been around. Additionally, looking at the top left it says "Age of Empires Community" suggesting that it is *the* Age of Empires Community for all things Age.

I hasten to add that had this been an Ensemble title developed as an internal studio in MGS such community fragmentation probably wouldnt of happened. The best community decisions are those that happen at developer level as opposed to the higher ups in suits. (In my opinion).

Despite the above, I do welcome you to AgeComm! Apologies for the tricky questions so early on!

www.remember-ensemblestudios.com
    http://twitter.com/Remember_ES
  •  08-19-2010, 5:27 PM 895194 in reply to 895192
    BatsyBatsy BatsyBatsy is not online. Last active: 12-19-2011, 4:29 PM
    Not Ranked
    MGS
    Total Posts: 60
    Last Post: 12-19-2011
    deanparkr:

Thanks for the response on that.

To me it seems like a poorly thought out decision considering how long AgeComm has been around. Additionally, looking at the top left it says "Age of Empires Community" suggesting that it is *the* Age of Empires Community for all things Age.

I hasten to add that had this been an Ensemble title developed as an internal studio in MGS such community fragmentation probably wouldnt of happened. The best community decisions are those that happen at developer level as opposed to the higher ups in suits. (In my opinion).

Not exactly.

The best community decisions are those that happen via the community team - which are not always at the developer (in this case). There is a dedicated community team at MGS for AOEO (Cosy and I). It's a little different than what's traditionally gone on.

In this case the decision has been made long ago to create new forums for AOEO (long before I was on the scene) and there's no going back. (not trying to be a dick but no matter what argument is presented, the decision has been made and is already final so continuing this is a moot point.)

•  08-19-2010, 5:36 PM 895195 in reply to 895137
    CosyGOODkNIGHT CosyGOODkNIGHT is not online. Last active: 07-20-2011, 1:13 PM
    Not Ranked
    MGS
    Total Posts: 50
    Last Post: 07-20-2011
    Lancener:

Once they see how obnoxious most of us are they're just going to ban everyone with 500+ posts ^_^

But yeah what's with all the weird names no offence..I mean seriously,BatsyBatsy? Yeah I know.."Dude wtf you hypocrite what's a "Lancener?"But still...

No really, what's a "Lancener"? We all want to know. :P

My name comes from a 2nd Edition D&D character I played when I was in 7th grade, which I later adopted to various gamertags. I never really shed the alias since that's what I always used for profiles.

My friends made fun of me for how lame it was then. My friends still make fun of me for how lame it is now. Hehe.

--Cosy

ಠ_ಠ what is this I don't even
  •  08-19-2010, 5:38 PM 895196 in reply to 895195
    bridarshy bridarshy is not online. Last active: 04/08/2012, 12:07 AM
    Top 500 Contributor
    Total Posts: 413
    Last Post: 04-08-2012
    Yes [Y] Subject: Re: Introducing Two New AOEO Mods
    Maybe you can serenade us if we get out of hand. ;)
  •  08-19-2010, 6:04 PM 895202 in reply to 895194
    Legendary_Silver Legendary_Silver is not online. Last active: Thu, Jan 30 2014, 2:41 PM
    Not Ranked
    Total Posts: 181
    Last Post: 01-30-2014
    BatsyBatsy:
    Not exactly.

The best community decisions are those that happen via the community team - which are not always at the developer (in this case). There is a dedicated community team at MGS for AOEO (Cosy and I). It's a little different than what's traditionally gone on.

In this case the decision has been made long ago to create new forums for AOEO (long before I was on the scene) and there's no going back. (not trying to be a dick but no matter what argument is presented, the decision has been made and is already final so continuing this is a moot point.)

Sounds fine, especially because AOE:O is not a traditional RTS like the others. 

•  08-19-2010, 6:06 PM 895204 in reply to 895196
    Not Ranked
    MGS

bridarshy:
    Maybe you can serenade us if we get out of hand. ;)

If that's what it takes to keep everyone playing nice, then I've been known to rock the karaoke mic from time to time. :D Now taking song requests...

WARNING: any Journey and/or Eagles requests will result in an immediate, non-negotiable permaban

•  08-19-2010, 6:57 PM 895214 in reply to 895194
    AzureRebellion AzureRebellion is not online. Last active: 04-16-2011, 8:14 PM
    America, the best place in the world to live!
    Top 100 Contributor
    Total Posts: 1,591
    Last Post: 04-16-2011

BatsyBatsy:
    not trying to be a dick

I like it!!!

But I'm going to do it before anyone else does, you know the song Eagles High by Journey? ...waiting...

•  08-19-2010, 10:13 PM 895238 in reply to 895204
    Zutazuta Zutazuta is not online. Last active: 04-05-2011, 1:12 PM
    Not Ranked
    Total Posts: 26
    Last Post: 04-05-2011
    Don't Stop Believing, please.
  •  08-20-2010, 12:22 AM 895244 in reply to 895238
    Tiger's Tightrope Tiger's Tightrope is not online. Last active: 10-07-2010, 2:10 PM
    Afghanistan
    Top 500 Contributor
    Total Posts: 479
    Last Post: 10-07-2010
    Good luck on your journey...

Stephennn:

hahahhaha

TBJ is OP Smile

•  08-20-2010, 2:15 AM 895253 in reply to 895244
    Captain Beyond Captain Beyond is not online. Last active: 02-01-2014, 12:00 PM
    Top 500 Contributor
    Total Posts: 569
    Last Post: 02-01-2014

Can't you guys let people download aoe3,twc and tad for free so the online community gets revived? Maybe that will atract new players to aoeo aswell.

Journey and Eagles are decent bands not like captain beyonds first album ofc but anyway.

•  08-20-2010, 4:33 AM 895258 in reply to 895126
    Jerom Jerom is not online. Last active: 28 Dec 2013, 7:18 PM
    Delfgauw, The Netherlands
    Top 10 Contributor
    Total Posts: 10,000
    Last Post: 12-28-2013
    jerom:

One Vital question: Who's better at AoE online, Aloysius, Sixokay, BatsyBatsy or CosyGOODkNIGHT ? 

I still want to know this..

I definitely think Aloysius is the worst, but more I don't know.... yet 

[N3O] Jerom_the_brave
    http://www.youtube.com/user/N3OJerom?feature=mhee

•  08-20-2010, 5:21 AM 895260 in reply to 895258
    Jonza121 Jonza121 is not online. Last active: 09-19-2010, 12:19 PM
    England... Where there is a time paradox.
    Top 500 Contributor
    Total Posts: 379
    Last Post: 09-19-2010

And I thought my name was stupid

Jonza121:
    Tiger's Tightrope:

...arse.

no
  •  08-20-2010, 12:49 PM 895307 in reply to 895194
    deanparkr deanparkr is not online. Last active: 03 Jan 2014, 6:03 PM
    UK
    Top 500 Contributor
    Total Posts: 601
    Last Post: 01-03-2014
    BatsyBatsy:

Batsy,

I completely agree with you on the highlighted point. However, as you have said previously the decision was made long ago by executives who were not part of the community team. Therefore the decision to separate the Age of Empires Community and the Age of Empires Online Community was not made at a community team level.

I understand that the decision is made and there is no going back but these posts are merely feedback about the changes.

The upcoming Age of Empires Online Community ignores the values behind AgeCommunity.com which was always intended to be the community for all things Age in its inception. I hope that this website is kept up to date with Age Online news so that it serves as a complete archive for the Age of Empires series as it has done since 2005.

It would also be interesting to hear clarification about how AgeCommunity.com is going to be used / updated in the future and the purpose it is going to serve. One other question, you mention that the community team is not at the developer for this title, this implies that Robot Entertainment is not involved in an official capacity for community involvement. Is this the case?

www.remember-ensemblestudios.com
    http://twitter.com/Remember_ES
  •  08-20-2010, 1:39 PM 895318 in reply to 895307
    BatsyBatsy BatsyBatsy is not online. Last active: 12-19-2011, 4:29 PM
    Not Ranked
    MGS
    Total Posts: 60
    Last Post: 12-19-2011
    deanparkr:
    BatsyBatsy:

Batsy,

I completely agree with you on the highlighted point. However, as you have said previously the decision was made long ago by executives who were not part of the community team. Therefore the decision to separate the Age of Empires Community and the Age of Empires Online Community was not made at a community team level.

I understand that the decision is made and there is no going back but these posts are merely feedback about the changes.

The upcoming Age of Empires Online Community ignores the values behind AgeCommunity.com which was always intended to be the community for all things Age in its inception. I hope that this website is kept up to date with Age Online news so that it serves as a complete archive for the Age of Empires series as it has done since 2005.

It would also be interesting to hear clarification about how AgeCommunity.com is going to be used / updated in the future and the purpose it is going to serve. One other question, you mention that the community team is not at the developer for this title, this implies that Robot Entertainment is not involved in an official capacity for community involvement. Is this the case?

The decision to make new forums for AOEO wasn't simply, "we want to fragment the community". This was never the intent but there are legal issues that arose (which I am not at liberty to talk about) that made it necessary for MGS to create new message boards for AOEO. I have every intention on keeping AgeCom updated with AOEO content. AgeCom wont be recognized as an official outlet - as AOEO.com will be - but will be up-to-date with content. I can't tell you exactly right now how AgeCom is going to be utilized in the future, but AgeCom will not be forgotten about and abandoned to the wasteland.

Robot Entertainment's community team isn't being utilized for AOEO - but they do still run AgeCom. While they're not "officially" the community team we (Cosy and myself) ARE in constant and close contact (if it assuages your fears any - I've been friends with the Robot team since before I took this position) and have no intention on changing that. Our (the MGS team) main concern as a community team is the community.

A community team's job isn't to just relay information outwards, we also relay it inwards and let the team know what you guys want and how to improve your experiences.

•  08-20-2010, 1:58 PM 895320 in reply to 895318
    Not Ranked
    MGS

BatsyBatsy:
    A community team's job isn't to just relay information outwards, we also relay it inwards and let the team know what you guys want and how to improve your experiences.

^This.

We're all strategy gamers that respect the AgeCom community, which is why we are here.  We're listening to all stakeholders.

Page 2 of 5 (63 items)   < Previous 1 2 3 4 5 Next >
View as RSS news feed in XML