Age of Empires Forums

advanced
in

Last post 06-14-2012, 5:22 PM by LordStefanIII. 110 replies.
Page 2 of 8 (111 items)   < Previous 1 2 3 4 5 Next > ... Last »
Sort Posts:
  •  04-02-2012, 1:28 AM 953696 in reply to 953691
    jeffro18 jeffro18 is not online. Last active: 03-23-2013, 7:40 PM
    Not Ranked
    Total Posts: 327
    Last Post: 03-23-2013
    Subject: Re: Iro Eco

J McMillin:
    haha i'm sorry harcha, its just i figure if i waste my time playing this game i almost think its crazy to waste my time WATCHING other people play the game. i like to watch records for rushing,,, but 40 minute treaty?! craziness... i have to plan out my week to get a couple in i don't have time to watch a video of one unfortunately what with work, school and such.
    Then dont come here asking for help, GTFO and go ask on yahoo answer

LordStefanIII:
    Damn what kind of response is that? Does it mean you're a virgin?

Jerom:
    Thanks just what I needed.

Milky__:
    Wish I could sig this too

but im afraid i would get banned for being a forum goddess
  •  04-02-2012, 7:09 AM 953717 in reply to 953696
    Harcha Harcha is not online. Last active: 04-17-2014, 6:26 PM
    Not Ranked
    Total Posts: 190
    Last Post: 04-17-2014

J McMillin:
    haha i'm sorry harcha, its just i figure if i waste my time playing this game i almost think its crazy to waste my time WATCHING other people play the game. i like to watch records for rushing,,, but 40 minute treaty?! craziness... i have to plan out my week to get a couple in i don't have time to watch a video of one unfortunately what with work, school and such.

Don't waste you time playing it in the first place and everyone is a winner.

But if you do plan to get better at iros, you are wasting other people's time by saying that they should teach you instead of you learning by urself.

^ This post is very important.
    playing sup/tr40/tr20 as knight_br in tad
  •  04-02-2012, 8:26 AM 953721 in reply to 953679
    Dopellsolder Dopellsolder is not online. Last active: 09-21-2013, 10:22 AM
    Not Ranked
    Total Posts: 189
    Last Post: 09-21-2013
    ANKUR:
    Dopellsolder:

J McMillin:
    so either the Iroquis have a bad economy or i don't know how to use them. i maxed out vills and by the end of a 40 minute treaty had like 20K fewer total recourses then i do when i play with a european or asian civ?! if anyone has a video of a good iro boom i'd appreciate it. because i love their military. forest prowlers and mantelts are awesome.

If I buy all important upgrades add all villager to coin (build only plantations). With getting advanced market card you can easily sell it for wood/food. 

Whats funny on my crazy strategy? 

ESO name: demonkevin
  •  04-02-2012, 10:59 AM 953748 in reply to 953721
    ANKUR ANKUR is not online. Last active: 09-15-2013, 1:53 AM
    INDIA
    Top 500 Contributor
    Total Posts: 596
    Last Post: 09-15-2013
    Dopellsolder:
    ANKUR:
    Dopellsolder:

J McMillin:
    so either the Iroquis have a bad economy or i don't know how to use them. i maxed out vills and by the end of a 40 minute treaty had like 20K fewer total recourses then i do when i play with a european or asian civ?! if anyone has a video of a good iro boom i'd appreciate it. because i love their military. forest prowlers and mantelts are awesome.

If I buy all important upgrades add all villager to coin (build only plantations). With getting advanced market card you can easily sell it for wood/food. 

becoz each time u exchange a resourse from market , the exchange multiplier decreases

say if u sell 100 gold for 90 wood ,

than if  u sell again u will gonna get 89 woods for 100 gold, and so on , the multiplier will go on decreasing , till 1 wood for 100 gold

so  NEVER  use market for resourses exchange(unless you are ducth , u can buy arround 1k wood for gold in early boom, thaz it) 

knight_br:
    Optimal explanation .. very succinctly

LordStefanIII:

Unkown_Genius:
    Leave it to Age.Comm to get a thread twenty miles off topic.

:)

Or turn into a flame war.

•  04-02-2012, 11:14 AM 953754 in reply to 953748
    Jerom Jerom is not online. Last active: 28 Dec 2013, 7:18 PM
    Delfgauw, The Netherlands
    Top 10 Contributor
    Total Posts: 10,000
    Last Post: 12-28-2013
    ANKUR:

so  NEVER  use market for resourses exchange(unless you are ducth , u can buy arround 1k wood for gold in early boom, thaz it) 

I disagree. If you appear to have a bit too much gold and you are lacking a bit of wood, why not buy if its gonna increase your imperial age up time. Ofc it is not perfect but you should rather buy than have bad res distribution and delay yourself more than you would with buying/selling. 

[N3O] Jerom_the_brave
    http://www.youtube.com/user/N3OJerom?feature=mhee

•  04-02-2012, 12:26 PM 953771 in reply to 953748
    Dopellsolder Dopellsolder is not online. Last active: 09-21-2013, 10:22 AM
    Not Ranked
    Total Posts: 189
    Last Post: 09-21-2013
    ANKUR:
    Dopellsolder:
    ANKUR:
    Dopellsolder:

J McMillin:

becoz each time u exchange a resourse from market , the exchange multiplier decreases

than if  u sell again u will gonna get 89 woods for 100 gold, and so on , the multiplier will go on decreasing , till 1 wood for 100 gold

Have you ever try this? You never sell 1 wood for 100 gold. Only price of wood is increased. Finally you can exchange 250 coin for 100 wood. I said sending advanced market cand will  decrease the difference so you can get 100 wood for 200 coin. Maybe you think its not economical, but with my strategy ( 99 settlers to coin) its worth it. Mainly on map where is very less wood.

ESO name: demonkevin
  •  04-02-2012, 12:41 PM 953775 in reply to 953748
    Not Ranked
    ANKUR:
    Dopellsolder:
    ANKUR:
    Dopellsolder:

J McMillin:

its bout 4k before market is usless iirc

LordStefanIII:

Jerom:

Milky__:

•  04-02-2012, 12:55 PM 953780 in reply to 953771
    INDIA
    Top 500 Contributor
    Dopellsolder:
    ANKUR:
    Dopellsolder:
    ANKUR:
    Dopellsolder:

J McMillin:

Have you ever try this? You never sell 1 wood for 100 gold. Only price of wood is increased. Finally you can exchange 250 coin for 100 wood. I said sending advanced market cand will  decrease the difference so you can get 100 wood for 200 coin. Maybe you think its not economical, but with my strategy ( 99 settlers to coin) its worth it. Mainly on map where is very less wood.

yes u are rite, i have checked it, the limit is 100 wood for 200 gold  and u will reach there after selling about 16k gold, but irq gather gold very slow just 3 plantation upgrades and  only one hc card , they gather gold at 0.68 (max without brit ally), with half exchange the effective wood gathering rate will be 0.34,  with 2 chop card irq gather wood at 1.225 wood per sec, than why irq will use plantation and than exchange , they are getting only 25% of what they can get from choping , ur tactic is only viable if there is no wood left on map ,and advance market is must for it,, but still its better to ask ur euro teammate for wood (he will be having some from factory) in exchange for any resourses, 

and as many pros says, never play irq in wood short map without a woodtrade teammate 

but yes , gathering gold than selling it is more benificial for irq despite such low gathering rate ,  than selling food for gold than selling gold for wood

@jerome , if u have gathered one resourse too much and u have to sell it , than already u had a bad boom ( should always avoid it), exchange only in emergency , better is to try and manage resourses gathering better

knight_br:

LordStefanIII:

Unkown_Genius:

•  04-02-2012, 1:00 PM 953781 in reply to 953780
    INDIA
    Top 500 Contributor

@jeffro , i have read in a sup thread ducth are in benifit in term of virtual sec till the market exchange ratio is 134 gold for 100 wood, becoz they gather gold very fast ,

i dont know about 4k resourses funda ?

knight_br:

LordStefanIII:

Unkown_Genius:

•  04-02-2012, 1:44 PM 953785 in reply to 953754
    LordStefanIII LordStefanIII is not online. Last active: 11/12/2013, 7:05 PM
    Top 75 Contributor
    Total Posts: 1,777
    Last Post: 12-11-2013
    Jerom:

I disagree. If you appear to have a bit too much gold and you are lacking a bit of wood, why not buy if its gonna increase your imperial age up time. Ofc it is not perfect but you should rather buy than have bad res distribution and delay yourself more than you would with buying/selling. 

really that shouldn't be happening in the first place, ones distro should always be even.

You can't do it with dutch either, you need all of the coin from banks for merchantilism in age 4, and after that you need to put some on mines.

•  04-02-2012, 1:56 PM 953787 in reply to 953785
    Top 10 Contributor
    LordStefanIII:
    Jerom:

really that shouldn't be happening in the first place, ones distro should always be even.

read again pls 

[N3O] Jerom_the_brave

•  04-02-2012, 2:06 PM 953790 in reply to 953787
    The Cleaner The Cleaner is not online. Last active: Mon, Dec 23 2013, 1:53 PM
    Denver, CO
    Top 200 Contributor
    Total Posts: 869
    Last Post: 12-23-2013

Good resource distribution is booming 101... we should not even be talking about trading at the market.

ESO: Cleaner666
    Treaty Rank: 1st Lt
    Supremacy: Terrible
  •  04-02-2012, 2:44 PM 953801 in reply to 953785
    INDIA
    Top 500 Contributor
    LordStefanIII:
    Jerom:

You can't do it with dutch either, you need all of the coin from banks for merchantilism in age 4, and after that you need to put some on mines.

didnt played dutch much , but if u can save vs by trading , than y not collect extra gold(chop less wood and put extra vill on mine) and exchange it at market ? 

knight_br:

LordStefanIII:

Unkown_Genius:

•  04-02-2012, 2:53 PM 953807 in reply to 953785
    Not Ranked
    LordStefanIII:
    Jerom:

selling gold twice to get 3rd 4th bank faster = faster age over all, i did that vs masterchif's dutch and got 50 points more then his trade dutch, but that doesnt say much :) 

LordStefanIII:

Jerom:

Milky__:

•  04-02-2012, 2:56 PM 953808 in reply to 953790
    Top 10 Contributor
    The Cleaner:

Good resource distribution is booming 101... we should not even be talking about trading at the market.

im just saying that if you messed up trading is better than not trading.

not as if you can get any res distribution perfect down to 100 res, thats something only really good players can do. 

[N3O] Jerom_the_brave

Page 2 of 8 (111 items)   < Previous 1 2 3 4 5 Next > ... Last »
View as RSS news feed in XML