Age of Empires Forums

advanced
in

Last post 12-11-2013, 12:49 PM by TacticalWillie. 63 replies.
Page 3 of 5 (64 items)   < Previous 1 2 3 4 5 Next >
Sort Posts:
  •  06-16-2012, 8:09 PM 959365 in reply to 959297
    Grandevous Grandevous is not online. Last active: 08-31-2013, 7:56 AM
    Location... Unverified
    Top 500 Contributor
    Total Posts: 354
    Last Post: 08-31-2013
    Subject: Re: FF Petard Smothering

TruePwnage:
    Ports aren't OP, they don't suck either. They are better than some other civs though, and this strategy doesn't make much sense and has nothing to do with Ports, alot of civs can do this. Ports pretty much rely on artillery so it makes only a little sense that petards are good units. But seriously, petards going behind enemy lines? It takes them a while to even explode, heck, they could be killed with cavalry easily! Willie can't be StrategicJoeL either, StrategicJoeL has better strategies, but some of them still suck (lolol), skhsri is probably StrategicJoeL since he talks like StrategicJoeL and he loves the same song as him.

Ports No. How can willie not be Joel? willie is smarter, but surely joel cant be as dumb as he was 3years ago? 

Death will take you without a care for circumstance or timing; live life to the fullest without fear of death, or need to know why it chooses who it does - otherwise you are already dead.
  •  06-16-2012, 10:14 PM 959372 in reply to 959365
    TruePwnage TruePwnage is not online. Last active: 11-22-2012, 4:12 PM
    Not Ranked
    Total Posts: 54
    Last Post: 11-22-2012
    Are you kidding me? Organ Guns man, ORGAN GUNS. Ports Yes and Joel has better strategies, I've read them and some of them worked fine.

"How many fools can I kill today, too many to count don't get in my way. I shoot a mofo in the throat with my bow, tomahawk chop is my death blow."
  •  06-17-2012, 2:40 AM 959390 in reply to 959372
    Location... Unverified
    Top 500 Contributor

TruePwnage:
    Are you kidding me? Organ Guns man, ORGAN GUNS. Ports Yes and Joel has better strategies, I've read them and some of them worked fine.

Im sorry...

all of this is just not true...

joel does not have better strats and ports No

u need to fortresize and build an artillery foundry to train raubauds and they train sloooowly. there is a 2 organ gun shipment but by then, ur enemy (supposing he was india or iro) would have razed ur town. y do u think port has the worst sup win %???

CAUSE THEY SUCK!

Death will take you without a care for circumstance or timing; live life to the fullest without fear of death, or need to know why it chooses who it does - otherwise you are already dead.
  •  06-17-2012, 10:15 AM 959417 in reply to 959390
    Not Ranked
    Iro suck :D bad cavalry, weak infantry, uneffective artillery, Ports beat easily with organ guns. StrategicJoeL has some bad strategies yeah but some are OKAY. Better in a way but not that good. India takes alot of time to bring out its true potential. India is well known for elephants, which are pretty much mostly artillery and heavy cavalry, but they cost alot and can only be used after the Fortress Age. Like I said, Iro suck, bah, what's so good about them? They have a bad bad bad military. Really hard to boom and rush, you could only turtle to at least kill some enemies. Tomahawks aren't that effective as musks but they're cheaper but of course, they're weak.

"How many fools can I kill today, too many to count don't get in my way. I shoot a mofo in the throat with my bow, tomahawk chop is my death blow."
  •  06-17-2012, 12:47 PM 959424 in reply to 959417
    0xyM0r0n 0xyM0r0n is not online. Last active: 09-25-2013, 10:39 PM
    USA
    Top 500 Contributor
    Total Posts: 818
    Last Post: 09-25-2013

TruePwnage:
    Iro suck :D bad cavalry, weak infantry, uneffective artillery, Ports beat easily with organ guns. StrategicJoeL has some bad strategies yeah but some are OKAY. Better in a way but not that good. India takes alot of time to bring out its true potential. India is well known for elephants, which are pretty much mostly artillery and heavy cavalry, but they cost alot and can only be used after the Fortress Age. Like I said, Iro suck, bah, what's so good about them? They have a bad bad bad military. Really hard to boom and rush, you could only turtle to at least kill some enemies. Tomahawks aren't that effective as musks but they're cheaper but of course, they're weak.

Dude... joel's strats dont work vs any decent player its only fun to use to catch unattentive conscripts off guard... <-   this is funny

And wtf do you mean iro suck they are one of the fastest rushers in the game, and they boom well with the firepit as well some good cards to use for boom are 600 Wood(for tp) and 10 villie + towncenter these are good boom cards and can also be used for emergency troops they crush most civs in 1v1.

And also, they can seaboom pretty well because firepit on travois can save you wood for docks/fishing boats. Seaboom is only really used when enemy has a lot of units out but you trashed their eco.

Tech Enthusiast.
    C++ Programmer
    Java Programmer
    C# Programmer
    I don't play on eso anymore. Gameranger and Hamachi.
  •  06-17-2012, 10:47 PM 959460 in reply to 959424
    Not Ranked
    Trololol, my opinion on his strats, worked on players every time for me who were claiming they were pro, then it proves they suck. Iro do suck a bit actually in rushing, like I said, WEAK SOLDIERS. There's no point in rushing with weak soldiers, if you're playing against otto, german, or ports, you could be defeated then countered. Ports have a good enough economy for me, and I like their units. They have a slow start but are difficult to beat in longer games. They have the best dragoons in the game and they have good military cards in the Industrial Age. Their settler output is very high since they get covered wagons as they age too, so they must have a pretty good economy. They can also have 3 explorers with a home city card and cassadors are cheap and well, as effective as tomahawks but more effective than strelets. So PORTS WIN.

•  06-17-2012, 11:23 PM 959461 in reply to 959460
    LordStefanIII LordStefanIII is not online. Last active: 03/07/2014, 4:07 PM
    Top 75 Contributor
    Total Posts: 1,777
    Last Post: 07-03-2014
    Read the first two sentences, skipped to the bottom, read "Port wins". Instantly concluded that this post was either a complete troll, or written by a complete noob.
  •  06-17-2012, 11:28 PM 959463 in reply to 959461
    Thranduil81 Thranduil81 is not online. Last active: 05-25-2013, 6:43 AM
    Not Ranked
    Total Posts: 294
    Last Post: 05-25-2013
    I don't think anyone has ever reached industrial vs an iro above sergeant. maybe above corp. And "ineffective cannon" for iro made me lol.
  •  06-18-2012, 1:07 AM 959465 in reply to 959417
    Location... Unverified
    Top 500 Contributor

TruePwnage:

U wanna verse me someday. I'll show u how iro ****ing pwn ass.

Hard to rush??? WTF??? Have u even played against a good iro player??? Iro is undoubtly the best rush civ there is... Maybe tied with India. What can port do??? FF and spam organ guns? I'd like to see u spam organ guns when ur 3 TC r down, ur popped and u only have 15 settlers.

GG no re 

Everything u said is just pure wrong.

Noob 

•  06-18-2012, 1:31 AM 959466 in reply to 959465
    Location... Unverified
    Top 500 Contributor

In the top 15, 5 people got pro by laming OP Iro. ur poor port gets crushed Devil

http://aoe3.jpcommunity.com/rating2/ladder/player/age3ySPPR

•  06-18-2012, 7:25 AM 959479 in reply to 959465
    Jerom Jerom is not online. Last active: 28 Dec 2013, 7:18 PM
    Delfgauw, The Netherlands
    Top 10 Contributor
    Total Posts: 10,000
    Last Post: 12-28-2013
    Grandevous:

TruePwnage:

U wanna verse me someday. I'll show u how iro ****ing pwn ass.

Hard to rush??? WTF??? Have u even played against a good iro player??? Iro is undoubtly the best rush civ there is... Maybe tied with India. What can port do??? FF and spam organ guns? I'd like to see u spam organ guns when ur 3 TC r down, ur popped and u only have 15 settlers.

GG no re 

Everything u said is just pure wrong.

Noob 

This is very unnecessary and inappropriate behaviour.

[N3O] Jerom_the_brave
    http://www.youtube.com/user/N3OJerom?feature=mhee

•  06-18-2012, 2:09 PM 959498 in reply to 959479
    Top 75 Contributor
    Haha, someone is just mad jerom, just let him keep making an a*s of himself.
  •  06-18-2012, 11:27 PM 959525 in reply to 959465
    Not Ranked
    Calm down, first of all, I can't play multiplayer because GameRanger isn't letting me play (I use GameRanger), second of all, how can I be a noob? I was trolling you for a bit last time, but I've been playing Age Of Empires 3 since 2009, I started Age Of Empires 2 in 2007, and everyone knows that "noob" means "new player". Everything you said was unnecessary, besides, Iro sucking is my OPINION. People can't seem to rush me since I could just call units from Homecity that kill infantry easily. Tomahawks are Iro's main unit in my eyes. Everything I said isn't all wrong, I admit some might be in your eyes, but honestly, everything I said about Ports is true. It was even stated on the AOE3 wiki. Iroquois cannot be tied with India either, both of them are entirely different, India is most used for turtling while Iroquois is used for (easily countered) rushing. Organ Guns are best when used against infantry so yeah they would win against Tomahawks, if they're legendary is a different story but getting to Age 5 is very hard due to the fact that most players are veterans now...why are you so angry anyways? Cussing is immature and unnecessary, I believe you don't control your anger? Calm down, and just say "Ports are okay" and I'll stand down and say "Iro is okay". If you say my civ sucks, then I am obliged to do the same. Now, LordStefanIII, I was trolling, you found out, but I am certainly not a noob >.> and Grandevous, please calm down and give me a straight reply.

•  06-19-2012, 12:49 AM 959527 in reply to 959525
    Top 75 Contributor

Newb = New player. Noob = player whos been playing a long time and still plays like a newb.

Whats your rank on gameranger? Oh wait, there is none, how could we ever know you aren't a noob?

Iroquois have this thing, its starting with free house, 200 wood, a big button thingy that sends 5 tomas instantly, a shipment that sends 6 tomas, and a fast age option. Put all these together and tell me what you have found out.

•  06-19-2012, 1:43 AM 959533 in reply to 959479
    Location... Unverified
    Top 500 Contributor
    Jerom:

This is very unnecessary and inappropriate behaviour.

Absolutely necessary IMO. Some1 needed to teach truepwnage reality.

Page 3 of 5 (64 items)   < Previous 1 2 3 4 5 Next >
View as RSS news feed in XML