Age of Empires Forums

advanced
in

Last post 07-23-2009, 11:53 PM by MUZZIES. 3 replies.
Sort Posts:
  •  07-23-2009, 10:30 PM 828831
    grunt321 grunt321 is not online. Last active: 07-23-2009, 10:44 PM
    Not Ranked
    Total Posts: 2
    Last Post: 07-23-2009
    Subject: AoE 3 not properly re-installing

Ok so about a year ago I decided to buy this game and installed it correctly without a single problem. Played it for a while then about 5 months after, uninstalled it conpletely from my computer.

Now, I'm currently trying to install it back again into my system and when I insert the CD, the options come up as follows:

Play

Uninstall

Website

Exit

I have no idea why it has the Play option as It was uninstalled back then. Either way the first two options, Play and Uninstall, won't even happen as I click them and the InstallShield Wizard finishes and nada! Everything looks like it was exited and nothing happens.

So, I decided to come back and play this game but apperently it's not lettting me re-install it or anything else.

Would like some help if anyone knows,

-grunt

•  07-23-2009, 10:34 PM 828833 in reply to 828831
    Aloysius Aloysius is not online. Last active: 12-10-2013, 4:46 PM
    Top 100 Contributor
    ES Moderator
    Total Posts: 1,484
    Last Post: 12-10-2013
    Subject: Re: AoE 3 not properly re-installing

It does sound like you need a complete reinstall of the game, try the steps to see about getting your current installation removed:

• First, uninstall all trial versions of the game that you have installed (if any)...
    • Then, download and then run the Microsoft Windows Installer application installation and configuration service updater…
    • Note: The file you will download there is named: WindowsInstaller-KB893803-v2-x86.exe
    • Then, after that installation concludes, download and then run the Windows Installer Clean Up Utility
    • Note: The file you will download there is named: msicuu2.exe
    • After installing, first click the "Windows Install Clean Up" shortcut, then select the game you are having trouble installing/uninstalling/reinstalling (either "Age of Empires III" or "Age of Empires III - The War Chiefs"), then click "Remove"...
      • After you complete the above, reboot with a  "Clean Boot" and empty your Windows temp folder.
    • Browse to and empty your windows temp folder. You can find your temp folder by clicking start=> run, then type %temp%, click ok.
    • temporarily disable any/all anti-virus/firewall/anti-spyware software running on your system, then try to reinstall...
  •  07-23-2009, 10:35 PM 828834 in reply to 828831
    grunt321 grunt321 is not online. Last active: 07-23-2009, 10:44 PM
    Not Ranked
    Total Posts: 2
    Last Post: 07-23-2009

Please disreguard this post as Great_Leonidas ' post helped my problem. All I had to do was Remove the game entries under HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE

http://forum.agecommunity.com/forums/thread/821363.aspx

•  07-23-2009, 11:53 PM 828859 in reply to 828831
    MUZZIES MUZZIES is not online. Last active: 10-13-2009, 10:20 PM
    [D~T~K] DeStInEd tO KiLl
    Top 100 Contributor
    Total Posts: 1,530
    Last Post: 10-13-2009
    grunt321:

Ok so about a year ago I decided to buy this game and installed it correctly without a single problem. Played it for a while then about 5 months after, uninstalled it conpletely from my computer.

Now, I'm currently trying to install it back again into my system and when I insert the CD, the options come up as follows:

Play

Uninstall

Website

Exit

I have no idea why it has the Play option as It was uninstalled back then. Either way the first two options, Play and Uninstall, won't even happen as I click them and the InstallShield Wizard finishes and nada! Everything looks like it was exited and nothing happens.

So, I decided to come back and play this game but apperently it's not lettting me re-install it or anything else.

Would like some help if anyone knows,

-grunt

Mine was a bit wierd too when i was going to install it again, i clicked install, entered the product key, and then it started installing, so i quickly left to eat, and when i came back the installation was complete O.o.... i didnt even insert disc 2 or 3, it was wierd, w/e, the game works fine, i dont know how this works thogh, i did a system recover, right after i uninstalled it, so their were no more files left on my hard drive from the game.

Canada the true north, strong and free

A Canadian North wind cuts u down

We have to wait till spring to Bury YOU
View as RSS news feed in XML