Age of Empires Forums

advanced
in

Last post 05-23-2012, 2:02 PM by destzz. 1 replies.
Sort Posts:
  •  05-23-2012, 9:15 AM 957455
    Xedus Xedus is not online. Last active: 09-16-2012, 7:43 AM
    Not Ranked
    Total Posts: 15
    Last Post: 09-16-2012
    Subject: How to mark Indians' 'Elephant Combat' card apply to War Elephants?

This card gives 15% to elephant attack/damage, but strangely not to War Elephants. The Indians have a nice infinite 8 War Elephant card in age 4, which is nice to add to your Mahout contingent for extra (albiet, weaker) meatshields. Obviously on a map without native War Elephants you can't upgrade them, so you have to rely on cards to boost their stats. The Indians get a native stat boost card, and their other melee damage boosting cards also seem to apply to them. But bizarrely the Elephant Combat card doesn't, and they are, after all, elephants.

I seemed to solve the issue by adding the line <UnitType>AbstractElephant</UnitType> to the unit in the protoy.xml file, but then this bizarrely made them cost 1 instead of 0 pop each (I'm not sure if the other elephant cards, such as the population one, started applying and messed things up). So I'm not sure how to get it to apply and keep the pop at 0.

Any ideas?

•  05-23-2012, 2:02 PM 957472 in reply to 957455
    destzz destzz is not online. Last active: 02-05-2014, 2:39 PM
    Finland
    Not Ranked
    Total Posts: 91
    Last Post: 02-05-2014
    Subject: Re: How to mark Indians' 'Elephant Combat' card apply to War Elephants?
    Xedus:

This card gives 15% to elephant attack/damage, but strangely not to War Elephants. The Indians have a nice infinite 8 War Elephant card in age 4, which is nice to add to your Mahout contingent for extra (albiet, weaker) meatshields. Obviously on a map without native War Elephants you can't upgrade them, so you have to rely on cards to boost their stats. The Indians get a native stat boost card, and their other melee damage boosting cards also seem to apply to them. But bizarrely the Elephant Combat card doesn't, and they are, after all, elephants.

I seemed to solve the issue by adding the line <UnitType>AbstractElephant</UnitType> to the unit in the protoy.xml file, but then this bizarrely made them cost 1 instead of 0 pop each (I'm not sure if the other elephant cards, such as the population one, started applying and messed things up). So I'm not sure how to get it to apply and keep the pop at 0.

Any ideas?

Try to someway make that tame elephants (elephants cost -1 pop) card to not affect those war elephants. 

http://forum.agecommunity.com/forums/933624/ShowThread.aspx
    My UI mod, Hotkey mod and ESO friendly bugfix
View as RSS news feed in XML