Age of Empires Forums

advanced
in

Last post 06-26-2012, 3:14 PM by Kielan. 2 replies.
Sort Posts:
  •  06-25-2012, 9:26 PM 960102
    Kielan Kielan is not online. Last active: 06-28-2012, 9:29 PM
    Not Ranked
    Total Posts: 7
    Last Post: 06-28-2012
    Subject: Instalization Failed Could not load DATAP.BAR

I know there's a million other threads on this, but I followed all their instructions and I still can't play. I reinstalled the game as well as downloaded the latest patch. But when I try to manually patch using the autopatcher.exe I get an error saying "The program can't startbecause RockallDLL.dll is missing from your computer. Try reinstalling the program to fix this problem."

I reinstalled and it still doesn't work. I am so confused. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Kielan

•  06-25-2012, 11:34 PM 960109 in reply to 960102
    Metis Metis is not online. Last active: Thu, Dec 26 2013, 1:38 AM
    Top 10 Contributor
    Total Posts: 7,783
    Last Post: 12-26-2013
    Subject: Re: Instalization Failed Could not load DATAP.BAR

You must install the game by right-clicking setup.exe and running it as an administrator. You should then patch the game manually by downloading the patch and right-clicking it, selecting "Run as Administrator." Once this is done you need to specify the game is to be run under Windows XP, service pack 3 compatibility and as an administrator. In other words, follow these procedures in order to install the game.  

The specific file is part of the game installation and should reside in "C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Games\Age of Empires III 

If you have followed the install procedures step-by-step and still encounter the error, you might take a look at this:

http://pcsupport.about.com/od/findbyerrormessage/a/rockalldll-dll-not-found-missing-error.htm

•  06-26-2012, 3:14 PM 960146 in reply to 960109
    Kielan Kielan is not online. Last active: 06-28-2012, 9:29 PM
    Not Ranked
    Total Posts: 7
    Last Post: 06-28-2012
    Subject: Re: Instalization Failed Could not load DATAP.BAR
    Metis:
    I have a folder labled Age of Empires III, but there's nothing in it. What does that mean?

You must install the game by right-clicking setup.exe and running it as an administrator. You should then patch the game manually by downloading the patch and right-clicking it, selecting "Run as Administrator." Once this is done you need to specify the game is to be run under Windows XP, service pack 3 compatibility and as an administrator. In other words, follow these procedures in order to install the game.  

The specific file is part of the game installation and should reside in "C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Games\Age of Empires III 

If you have followed the install procedures step-by-step and still encounter the error, you might take a look at this:

http://pcsupport.about.com/od/findbyerrormessage/a/rockalldll-dll-not-found-missing-error.htm

View as RSS news feed in XML